PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 02:08 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: htc touch pro
Carrier: sprint

xitanul is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
lights on phone staying lit??

sometimes i'll push the power button to put it on standby or w/e you want to call it, and the the lights on the front of the phone will stay lit for whatever reason and i don't know the reason for this, sine it's not like there's an incoming call or text msg coming in

anyone know the reason for this?
Old 01-08-2009, 02:11 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

WildAce786 is just getting started
Re: lights on phone staying lit??

Quote:
Originally Posted by xitanul View Post
sometimes i'll push the power button to put it on standby or w/e you want to call it, and the the lights on the front of the phone will stay lit for whatever reason and i don't know the reason for this, sine it's not like there's an incoming call or text msg coming in

By chance are you using ThrottleLock v0.4?

In either case, the same problem keeps happeneing to me. The "solution" I've found is to press a few of the hard buttons and then press the power button to put the phone back to sleep.

Help me learn.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:16 AM
White Monster > Red Bull
Pocket PC: Clean S4 - Development stopped - xposed mod
Carrier: AT&T

thacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIPthacounty is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via AIM to thacounty Send a message via MSN to thacounty Send a message via Skype™ to thacounty

Quote:
Originally Posted by xitanul View Post

This problem has been discussed in 2 different threads. The problem usually stems from messaging. As the 1st responder posted, you turn phone back on hit the home button and power off again and all should be fine. There has been no fix for this as of yet.
Old 01-08-2009, 02:28 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: 7380
Carrier: sprint rated #1

beefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuffbeefcakeb0 knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to beefcakeb0 Send a message via Yahoo to beefcakeb0

it happens on mine as well and he was right... for me im almost sure its the stock intant messanger.. do you use it ?

mine screen will be off with no running programs and all of a sudden it will light up like an email but the only thing to happen is that that program opened itself. VERY WEIRD

has any1 else noticed similarities?
Old 01-08-2009, 04:17 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

5.0stang is a n00b

i was all stock and getting it. if i hit the pwr button again it will turn off sometimed takes more than one
Old 01-08-2009, 08:49 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Happens to me on Y4J's 3 ROM. Turning it on and off does nothing. Can only be fixed with a soft-reset
Old 01-08-2009, 09:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker

regression is keeping up the good workregression is keeping up the good work

If the lights stay on, I hit the power button and touch my finger on the circle on the bottom (don't know what the official name for it is!). I don't press anything, just touch my finger there, turn the power off, and all is well.

This method was posted in another thread, but I can't find it.
Old 01-08-2009, 10:56 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

i actually like when this happens on my diamond...it looks slick...but drains battery. so i always reset anyways..lol

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 01-08-2009, 11:04 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

Anonymatt is becoming a great contributor

I have this same problem, even on a fully stock configuration (I was getting horrible battery life, so hard reset to see if the stock config would do better). I've basically installed no 3rd party apps (only Google Maps), since I wanted to test my battery life on the stock config for a few days (first 2 days after reverting I still was only getting ~12 hours per charge, but on my third day something changed, and now, after almost exactly 48 hours my phone is just finally giving me the low battery, needs to shut down warning...sorry for going off topic).

(Edit: I forgot, I also installed the Sprint Picture Mail application, updated the Sprint TV application, and updated the Live Search application, since to me these are essentially the base configuration, and I also added 2 cities to the weather panel, as well as imported my contacts/calendar appointments/tasks/etc from Outlook)

Anyway, the point of that was to say that even with my nearly 100% factory configuration, with no added programs, no e-mail accounts set up (and not using the Instant Messenger, because from my prior use that was the #1 battery drainer for me, since it would always run in the background, even after I exited, even after soft resets, until I "signed out and exited"), and I still sometimes get the case where my lights will stay on after I push the power button, unless I power the unit back on, push the home key (maybe other keys would work too, but that's the one I use), and then power off again. I've been careful to watch out for this as well, since I was curious if it was also potentially leading to excessive battery drain (perhaps not fully going into low power standby, or something, plus whatever energy is wasted lighting up those buttons).

Last edited by Anonymatt; 01-08-2009 at 11:08 AM.
Old 01-08-2009, 09:57 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by regression View Post
If the lights stay on, I hit the power button and touch my finger on the circle on the bottom (don't know what the official name for it is!). I don't press anything, just touch my finger there, turn the power off, and all is well.

This method was posted in another thread, but I can't find it.
I tried that, and still nothing. It seems to happen pretty frequently now. It doesn't bother me too much as long as it doesn't have a noticeable drain on battery life.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro