PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2009, 01:03 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Hero & Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

xcon is keeping up the good workxcon is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Im dumb

Hey new to these forums been visiting this site for about 2 weeks now and reading up before attempting to mod my TP. I installed a couple cabs without any trouble and it seems that my tf3d bar is off center and I dont know how to fix it. I know somewhere in this immense pool of information theres an answer just dont know where to look. The other problem is I loaded the 'semiclearclock' and now my clock displays '0:00'. Some how I dont think thats the right time Please bare with me Im a newb too modding on windows mobile period.

Thanks for the help in advance,

XcoN

P.S. and yes I will hit the /thank button if you help me
Old 01-08-2009, 01:59 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: Im dumb

if you installed a flip clock and you're on a sprint phone you need to first install the Sprint2flipclock.cab then your clock. If not then I'm not sure what to fix since I've "flipped" my clock so long ago I don't use the sprint version anylonger. To fix your slider you want the sprintfix.. some reason sprint sliders are off a bit.. here are links to both files. See if they help.. don't do the sprint2flipclock.cab if you're not using a flip clock.. if you are.. do that cab THEN your clock cab.. turn off tf3d in your today settings first.. and soft reset after each install...
Sprint2flip: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...2&d=1230078720

Sliderfix: http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/attachment...4&d=1230531714
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

I uninstalled all my .cabs via the remove programs list and I didnt disable tf3d prior to installing them I did not however soft reset. I thought I did because I thought soft reset was turning the phone off and taking the battery out. Thank you for the sprint task bar fix, I am going to try to install it again, only problem is my weather tab is no longer updating and my clock is normal but the numbers font is different and more so to the bottom right hand corner of the blue box. When I go to remove programs it says it cannot remove the NisseDILLIGAF Sprint2Flip Clock all the way, no idea why...

Sorry for box of text...

Last edited by xcon; 01-08-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:22 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff

Try disabling TF3D prior to the uninstall so none of the files are in use. Easiest way to soft reset is use the tip of your stylus and push it in to the little hole just to the right of the usb port on the bottom of your TP. No need to remove the battery for a soft reset.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yea I realize that now that I read a couple tutorials only problem is the 'sprintfix' isnt working for me for some odd reason I followed the ip installation to the T.
Old 01-08-2009, 06:47 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff

Manila files are complex and, if they get messed up, can be hard to correct. Not what you want to hear, but you can always get back to your original configuration with a hard reset. Once you are back to stock, then start the installs again. This is one of the best arguments for backup software. Before installing anything make a backup, and if you don't like the results, just revert with the backup - no harm done.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Can I backup my contacts prior to hard resetting my phone and will the hard reset flash my storage card also?
Old 01-08-2009, 07:45 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

your sd card is safe from a hard reset. use ppcpimbackup to save your contacts if you cant sync with outloook.

also if you save a copy of your pim.vol file that holds your contacts and can be places back.
Old 01-08-2009, 07:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Where is the pim.vol file? I cant seem to find it...

EDIT: Found it, as far as the 'manilla' folder mod/setting what do you suggest I do to install the 'sprintfix' then?
Old 01-08-2009, 07:55 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Htc Diamond

iRonMan360 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by xcon View Post
Can I backup my contacts prior to hard resetting my phone and will the hard reset flash my storage card also?
You can backup your contacts with pim backup, and no, when you do a hard reset it doesn't erase the data on your storage card.

EDIT: Its weird, when I was answering this question the answer above weren't display and they were posted 10 minutes before I put mines. :/

Last edited by iRonMan360; 01-08-2009 at 07:57 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro