PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 05:50 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

pacman is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Can't connect to cellular network after low battery

hi all,

i just had my touch pro for 1 week and i have had to hard reset it twice already. what happened is when the phone goes low battery (ok, extremely low battery) to the point taht it had to force shut the phone off. after re-charging it, i can not connect to my carrier's cell network (i'm with Bell) anymore. i talked to Bell support and we can't figure out what happened and what caused it. so we hard reset it. then it happened again this morning. this time i was sure it was because of the low batt situation as i saw it go low batt (still with cell network connection, battery icon is with an '!') then it shuts off. i connected it to the charger and i can't connect to the cell networkanymore.

the icon i get on the phone signal strength is not an X or bars next to the tower icon... i get a circle with a diagonal line (similar to nut-free logo except the nut is not there

has anyone experienced this? is this expected? any fix? did i get a bad unit?

thanks!!
Old 01-07-2009, 05:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Re: Can't connect to cellular network after low battery

Have you tried turning the radio back on? When the battery gets to a critical level it will turn the radio off. Once it charges back up a bit, go into the comm manager and check it.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:57 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pacman is a n00b

yes i did that. i still cannot get service. this is one of the few things the support person and i did while we tried to fix the problem. we ended up doing a hard reset.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:33 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pacman is a n00b

can/may i ask you guys if you've had your TP go into extremely low battery situation (batt icon with "!")? if you did and never had the same problem as mine, then chances are i got a bad unit...

thanks!!
Old 01-07-2009, 06:35 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Had the TP with exclamation battery icon and nothing bad happened. make an effort to not let battery go all out, no goody man for ion battery. Give your TP another test drive

Last edited by HBOOT; 01-07-2009 at 06:38 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:39 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pacman is a n00b

thanks for the info.

yeah i plan to not make that happen... i might not need to instal something that always had the battery level on the task bar. mine does not always have that info on the task bar. any tips on how and what to install to change this. one with % info will be nice

thanks again!!
Old 01-07-2009, 06:44 PM
DaFlowMaster

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Yeah the info is on the TP essentials stickied up top lemme c, here you go man;

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=437307

FYI: I for one didnt install it coz I have both spb mobile shell and spb pocket plus that have battery level indicator

Last edited by HBOOT; 01-07-2009 at 06:47 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:50 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pacman is a n00b

thanks very much.
Old 01-07-2009, 06:52 PM
DaFlowMaster

Anytime pacman, btw I thught you were in Dallas with tHe Cowboys....lol. If you like pacman, pm me with your email
Old 01-08-2009, 12:11 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

pacman is a n00b

i removed the battery and put it right back in to see if i can re-create my low-battery problem and i did. now i'm back to my "bad state"... need to hard-reset the device again to be able to use the phone. at least now i know i can re-create the problem when i trek down to have my phone replaced

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro