PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 01:33 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

mxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good workmxl180 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
BACKUP software that works perfect?

I'm using Resco Backup. When I restore my text messages aren't viewable. Anyone have a better program that they have personally restored on a touch pro?
Old 01-07-2009, 01:35 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: BACKUP software that works perfect?

SPB Backup is what I use. Works great also.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

osyrus is just getting started

I use pim back up 2.4 it leaves the texts viewable upon restore?
Old 01-07-2009, 03:38 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

+1 for PIM backup. I've been using it for a long time. v2.8.0.0 is still their latest version. Here is a link. http://www.dotfred.net/default.htm

Last edited by WhiteBlazer01; 01-07-2009 at 03:55 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 04:07 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

Decidion is just getting started

I have been using SPB Backup, and the vast majority of the time, it was worked great. However twice (and I have only had it a month now) it has failed me.

When I say failed, I mean once I tried to restore a backup of the phone (to the same device) and it locked up the phone and I had to do a hard rest. After the hard reset, I restored a different backup and that worked perfectly.

The second time, I was trying to restore a backup to a different phone (same model, a Touch Pro) which had a different ROM build and SPB Backup even noticed this and prompted me to use a special restore mode because of this. This restore failed and locked up the phone and I had to do a hard reset.

I haven't used any other backup software, so I can't compare, and I have done a number of restores flawlessly. But two failures in one month has me concerned.

I would like to try Sprite Backup, but I'm not dishing out another $20 or $25 for backup software.
Old 01-07-2009, 05:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

subiegsr is a n00b

Interesting, I think I will give PIM backup a try, thanks for the link. Does PIM backup all of your contacts (old and new)? It seems like Activesync will only backup my old old contacts and none of my new.. i'm so sick of it!
Old 01-07-2009, 09:08 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

henbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I also use SPB backup and have encountered no problems with it. Works great. Spb Clone also works great if you wanna make a clone image of your rom setup. You can deploy the image to other devices or as a backup on the original device.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:04 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

+ 1 for ppcpimbackup its free to boot!
Old 01-07-2009, 11:42 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

pimback up doesnt back up all your system, I use Spb back up/resco and Sprite and did restore with all of them w/o failure. However I find that Resco gives more features, one I like is the fact that you can update an exisiting bacup and only takes couple minutes to back up the difference....
Old 01-07-2009, 11:59 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

SKTOOLS Backup is capable of backing up your entire system, real easy to use...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro