PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 11:44 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

nbaj2k is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Sprint out of Stock again, any ETA?

I see that Sprint is out of stock again (probably has been for awhile) of the Touch Pro. I remember reading a week or 2 ago on this forum that they were back in stock. I assume Tele-Sales is still out and will be for a bit, no clue if its because there are any fixes being made or just because its so popular.

Was anyone given an estimate on when they should be back? I would just pick it up from Best Buy, but I have to switch it out through Sprint since they agreed to take back my Treo 800w for it.

Anyone out there given any ETA?

~J
Old 01-06-2009, 11:45 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

themystx2 is just getting started
Re: Sprint out of Stock again, any ETA?

The Touch Pro is first come, first serve, only way you're getting the Touch Pro as an exchange for your 800w is to wait... you can always put your account on seasonal standby until the phone comes in. I just hope you have a backup phone though.

Current:
Sprint HTC Touch Pro (I don't even know what ROM I have on there anymore!)
Old 01-06-2009, 11:48 PM
Banned User
Pocket PC: yo mama
Carrier: yo daddy

Exil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the communityExil3d is a trusted member of the community

I have been waiting since November 27. I called this morning and they told me they don't know when it will be in stock. But this time I complaint and told them its been over a month and i ts silly of me being told to keep calling every week. So they told me they will give me a courtesy call when they get them.
Old 01-07-2009, 01:46 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

cynicalslacker is becoming a great contributor

guys i went a month and a half trying to get one from sprint or sprint.com both places never had it and I went almost everyday to the 5 sprint stores in my area. I eventually got fed up and walked into best buy and they had 7 in stock and told me they usually are very good at keeping all their phones in stock. i paid 199 for mine out the door with a 2 year renewal and no way a sprint store can touch this. (Im on the sero plan and the guy doing my upgrade gave me no problems and knew exactly what to do and what forms to call and what questions to ask sprint to make the transition a quick and smooth as possible). My one suggestion if you go the best buy route, make sure he sets your user profile to 1 after he activates your phone or gives us the msl to save yourself some time
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:24 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry 9700 & iPhone 3GS
Carrier: AT&T

JuJu is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbaj2k View Post
I see that Sprint is out of stock again (probably has been for awhile) of the Touch Pro. I remember reading a week or 2 ago on this forum that they were back in stock. I assume Tele-Sales is still out and will be for a bit, no clue if its because there are any fixes being made or just because its so popular.

Was anyone given an estimate on when they should be back? I would just pick it up from Best Buy, but I have to switch it out through Sprint since they agreed to take back my Treo 800w for it.

~J
Every response seems to be 7-10 business days. Never mind the fact you were told this 7-10 business days from the last time you asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exil3d View Post
I have been waiting since November 27. I called this morning and they told me they don't know when it will be in stock. But this time I complaint and told them its been over a month and i ts silly of me being told to keep calling every week. So they told me they will give me a courtesy call when they get them.
You have been waiting a REALLY long time. I don't think you'll be getting that courtesy call because for some reason it seems they can't keep them in stock for more than an hour or two. My suggestion is to go to a area where the Touch Pro isn't as popular and try a Sprint Store/Best Buy there. Unless you are waiting on a replacement for a device you already have. Good luck!

Last edited by JuJu; 01-07-2009 at 11:31 AM.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:38 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

henbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularhenbone11 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I suppose it just depends on where you are. My girlfriend checked the Sprint website and it showed out of stock. The next day on her way home from work she checked a random Sprint store and they had several, so she bought us both one. I checked around and several area stores had a couple each.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:39 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

cforster is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by nbaj2k View Post

~J
The wait sucks, but its worth it. Have you signed up to be notified when this is back in stock? I did this a couple months back and it worked well, e-mailed me and I called asap, had the phone no problem.

http://sprint.p.delivery.net/m/p/nxt/oos/index.asp

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."
Albert Einstein

If I or anyone else has helped you, please don't forget to click
Old 01-07-2009, 11:41 AM
PPCGeeks Regular

themystx2 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuJu View Post
Every response seems to be 7-10 business days. Never mind the fact you were told this 7-10 business days from the last time you asked.

You have been waiting a REALLY long time. I don't think you'll be getting that courtesy call because for some reason it seems they can't keep them in stock for more than an hour or two. My suggestion is to go to a area where the Touch Pro isn't as popular and try a Sprint Store/Best Buy there. Unless you are waiting on a replacement for a device you already have. Good luck!
The inventory system shows 7-10 days, and it's remained that way for a while now. We can't quote anything different.
Old 01-07-2009, 11:48 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Blackberry 9700 & iPhone 3GS
Carrier: AT&T

JuJu is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by themystx2 View Post
The inventory system shows 7-10 days, and it's remained that way for a while now. We can't quote anything different.
Maybe I should have included "LOL." It was meant to be a joke. Not faulting you guys at all. (I know someone who works for Sprint, so I have been schooled on the in's and out's of inventory.)

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro