PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 10:23 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: Music skipping...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
i'm not using push mail.this is my 3rd pro since halloween and the other 2 did it also.i think it's a flaw somewhere.
Same SD card?
Old 01-07-2009, 10:24 AM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

are any of you guys using really old sd cards? if so one thing you can try doing is making sure your music is in folders by artist and album. WM has a wierd way of handling files were lots of folders is okay, but if there are lots of files in a specific folder it really bogs down read write capabilities.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:42 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCR512 View Post
I never have music skip, unless I'm using stereo bluetooth headphones and turn off the screen, which will cause a tiny skip once while it turns off.

Yea, same here. I have about 300 mp3 files (& four full length movies ripped from DVD) on my 16 gig Sandisk card. It does skip for a second or two when I use my Motorola S9 stereo BT headset & click the screen off, but other than that the playback is virtually perfect.

It plays perfectly from my truck stereo also (& sounds awesome). I have a killer Eclipse stereo (multi AMPS & SUBS etc) with a double din 7" DVD/NAV screen in the truck, & when I drop the TouchPro into my Proclip bracket it automatically connects both the audio & video directly into the truck system. I can then listen to music displaying album art from the phone or watch TV from my SlingBox on the 7" screen & hearing the TV sound through the truck sound system.

~John
Old 01-07-2009, 12:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

sndtubes is becoming a great contributor

I had the same problem with mine when using my 16GB class 2 card. It was nearly unusable where my class 4 8 GB worked fine. I posted something about this at XDA and a guy responded with attached file which tweaked the SD card drivers (I guess). At any rate, it made a HUGE difference for me and now only very rarely do I have a skip or a dropout. All I did was install this file. Give it a try. As my grandmother used to say, "It couldn't hurt".
Attached Files
File Type: cab tnyynt SD TuneUP.cab (4.2 KB, 19 views) Click for barcode!
Old 01-07-2009, 12:29 PM
hec
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

hec is becoming a great contributor

I had the same annoying problem until I tweaked the cache settings (even before I got an 8GB class 6 memory card). I don't have my TP with me right now to tell you exactly what I changed, but I believe I used Diamond Tweak to do it; the settings are in the registry. The skips are now very rare for me, much more enjoyable now. Sorry for the missing detail, but hopefully this, along with running a search on this forum, will lead you in the right direction.
Old 01-07-2009, 12:37 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Trophy
Carrier: Verizon

Oxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on repOxymoron238 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I don't experience any skips or pauses while playing my music through S2P (I honestly don't use WMP due to the fact that the music stops when the phone goes into sleep).

I think that organizing your music by artist should stop the skipping, but if the SD tune up that SndTubes posted fixes it, then you can skip this step .
Old 01-07-2009, 01:42 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

No skipping here, I use pocket conduit,TCMP....I do recall on the Mogul that music skipped due to interference from OXIO, are you running it by any chance??
Old 01-07-2009, 04:45 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

The skip is not related to the SD card, it happens with audio in internal storage as well. Note that the skip can be tiny and rare, a few miliseconds every 5-10 minutes, so for people who have never noticed it, it can be easy to miss. But one you notice it, you will hear it a lot more.
Old 01-07-2009, 09:20 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr g View Post
The skip is not related to the SD card, it happens with audio in internal storage as well. Note that the skip can be tiny and rare, a few miliseconds every 5-10 minutes, so for people who have never noticed it, it can be easy to miss. But one you notice it, you will hear it a lot more.
I agree, I'm not talking about a full 2 second skip here. Maybe just a stutter like a scratched cd.
Old 01-07-2009, 10:02 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by esqueue View Post
I agree, I'm not talking about a full 2 second skip here. Maybe just a stutter like a scratched cd.
this is true.after posting last night,i listened to my wmp at work today with the same skipping every few songs like they are scratched or something.but i've had my pro for 3 months now and have gotten used to it.i will try the xda trick though.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro