PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 10:49 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

seti007 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Please help with email setup

I recently bought a touch pro from bestbuy but started to have problems and ended up swapping it for a brand new touch pro. I made a backup of the old phone using sprite backup. On the old phone, I had 2 email accounts namely gmail and yahoo.
After I installed the (full) backup on the new phone, everything worked with the exception of the email. On the "mail" field I can still see the little mail icons on the right but none of the settings are there. I cant even remove these to start over since the settings do not exist. If i hit "inbox" it takes me to the field where I can add a new email account. If I try to add say a google account, it warns that I already have an account by that name. Does anyone know how I can remove the icons and the settings/accounts and add new email accounts. where are these settings stored (which folders?0
Thanks a lot
Old 01-08-2009, 02:48 AM
N00b
Threadstarter

seti007 is a n00b
Re: Please help with email setup

If someone could tell me where the email settings files are stored I can manually remove them. This would probably fix the problem.
Thanks
Old 01-08-2009, 03:16 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

ok, the reason its happening is, possibly that the old email accounts weren't officially set up on brand new TP. kinda like a shell email account, with nothing in it(hence the issue with settings be greyed out) you mite have to remove current email accounts in brand new TP or hard reset , then create each one manually. I would suggest using sprite backups for contacts/tasks/calendar/notes. I ran into problems with some apps and such after restoring Sprite Backup. JMO, tho
Old 01-08-2009, 06:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

exterminator20 is just getting started

1.on the email page with the icons on the right,click on menu[lower right corner]

2. now click on "accounts" in the pop-up window

3. now click "accounts" again in the next pop-up window

4. now you should have a select account screen ..with choices such as text messages,set up email ,your yahoo account,gmail account,ect

5. click [highlight] the account you want to remove and click "menu" in the lower right and you will have 2 choices.."options" & "delete" choose delete and the account will be gone along with the icon

*you can also choose options from menu in #5 above and there you will see all your email accounts in a box ...using the stylus click and hold the account you want to remove and the delete option will come up... all other email options are here also

Last edited by exterminator20; 01-08-2009 at 06:23 PM.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:52 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

seti007 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
ok, the reason its happening is, possibly that the old email accounts weren't officially set up on brand new TP. kinda like a shell email account, with nothing in it(hence the issue with settings be greyed out) you mite have to remove current email accounts in brand new TP or hard reset , then create each one manually. I would suggest using sprite backups for contacts/tasks/calendar/notes. I ran into problems with some apps and such after restoring Sprite Backup. JMO, tho
First off, thanks for the reply! I actually setup the yahoo and gmail accounts on the phone before I did the exchange. They were working flawlessly. I was able to send and receive emails. I then did a full backup using sprite backup. However, after doing a restore on the new phone, I only got the icons but not the settings. I cant go into menu>>accounts>>accounts.. and delete or edit these because there are no entries for google or yahoo there?? However on the maiin mail preview page, I see the mail icons for google and yahoo that i setup on the previous phone. Somehow not everythong got backed up and copied over.
Old 01-13-2009, 10:55 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

seti007 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by exterminator20 View Post
1.on the email page with the icons on the right,click on menu[lower right corner]

2. now click on "accounts" in the pop-up window

3. now click "accounts" again in the next pop-up window

4. now you should have a select account screen ..with choices such as text messages,set up email ,your yahoo account,gmail account,ect

5. click [highlight] the account you want to remove and click "menu" in the lower right and you will have 2 choices.."options" & "delete" choose delete and the account will be gone along with the icon

*you can also choose options from menu in #5 above and there you will see all your email accounts in a box ...using the stylus click and hold the account you want to remove and the delete option will come up... all other email options are here also
exterminator, thanks to you as well. Please see the above post, when I follow your 5 steps, on the last step, I do not see the google or yahoo accounts listed. I see these only as icons on the mail preview (main) window. Thats why I need to find out where these dummy icons are stored so I can manually delete them.
Thanks
Old 01-13-2009, 11:12 PM
VIP Member

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

backup mite be f***'en it up...sounds extreme but hard reset, just set up email accounts manually. i used sprite backup b4, and got errors, so i just dont use it, ppc pim for my contacts, and i manually install my apps and stuff.
Old 01-15-2009, 03:57 PM
N00b
Threadstarter

seti007 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by skeegcpp View Post
backup mite be f***'en it up...sounds extreme but hard reset, just set up email accounts manually. i used sprite backup b4, and got errors, so i just dont use it, ppc pim for my contacts, and i manually install my apps and stuff.
I think u may be right. ill probably have to hard reset and do as u suggested. would u recommend a better backup program than sprite?
thanks
Old 01-15-2009, 04:57 PM
VIP Member

well, i have no problem, installing apps and programs manually. Also email isnt hard to do either, i use PPCPimBackup(google for fast search results) just for contacts. Restoring contacts can be a female dog(lol). After I noticed that sprite backup could be causing my problem b4, i dont use it anymore.also, i dont save text messages, so just contact backup for me

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro