PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2009, 11:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch/ sprint
Carrier: sprint

rbrown13 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: How to Set Up Visual Voicemail on your Sprint TP for Free

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04orgzx6r View Post
Checked back again, still no charges....
And for the record when I dial my own number I get my voicemail, like I could leave a voicemail also, I also changed my VM speed dial to 813-200-0200 and I can listen to my voicemail like that....
Also I called sprint to do it on my GF's phone, again they had no problem changing the number the first time...guess I'm just lucky...
Anyway I was curious so I started asking the Rep questions, because my GF really didn't care whether she had it or not...

I asked him if it was against policy to do this and he said he wasn't aware of reason why it would be, but he was just a Rep...

So I guess it all depends on who you get but still, there is no reason this should be against there policy, they don't even mention it and many reps don't have a problem doing it...

Remember YRMV
I think it's all in the way you present it to the tech. when I called I said I want to change my VM # and I wanted the setting to be conditional and thats when he said he understood what I wanted to do as far as not getting charged for this.
Old 01-08-2009, 04:43 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Ph33zy is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrown13 View Post
I think it's all in the way you present it to the tech. when I called I said I want to change my VM # and I wanted the setting to be conditional and thats when he said he understood what I wanted to do as far as not getting charged for this.
Okay called in a third time... and the rep knew exactly what i meant when i said i want to change my default vm number. She asked me if i wanted it set up to conditional, BUT she said i will still get charged! I then go on to ask her to change it in the ESM system and she said no matter which way i spin it, its still call forwarding. Don't know how you guys are getting so lucky! Maybe next time i should just say go ahead and change it and just check my sprint bill.
Old 01-08-2009, 05:29 AM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

here's the loophole in sprints logic. thier argument for trying to charge .20 is that it's not in the sprint system, ect.. BUT, if the sprint VM IS in the sprint system, then why don't calls to check VM count as Sprint-2-Sprint. ,but I digress.. it's not worth arguing with them, thier just like us, workers. I will try this tomarrow, may the force be with me, and all.
Old 01-08-2009, 12:45 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbrown13 View Post

Maybe thats why it worked for me both times, first tryLOL
Old 01-08-2009, 12:47 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO
Carrier: Sprint PCS
Threadstarter

04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep04orgzx6r is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Just FYI, Still working on getting some screenshots up in the MP along with the cab probably, just had to reinstall windows on my PC
Old 01-08-2009, 02:02 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Just FYI, Still working on getting some screenshots up in the MP along with the cab probably, just had to reinstall windows on my PC

hmmmm.... So you got your visual voicemail working, BUT WINDOWS ON YOUR PC NEEDED TO BE REINSTALLED?

NO THANK YOU SIR. NO. THANK. YOU. I DONT FEEL LIKE RESINSTALLING WINDOWS FOR VVM! This thread is FAIL!

jp

Old 01-08-2009, 04:38 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
hmmmm.... So you got your visual voicemail working, BUT WINDOWS ON YOUR PC NEEDED TO BE REINSTALLED?

NO THANK YOU SIR. NO. THANK. YOU. I DONT FEEL LIKE RESINSTALLING WINDOWS FOR VVM! This thread is FAIL!

jp
That would suck if phone fusion had caused that.
Old 01-09-2009, 02:40 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

iwannabeused is a n00b

So what if you had sprint change your voicemail number to another phone number, such as your office or house... Would you get charged then?
Old 01-09-2009, 11:19 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by iwannabeused View Post
So what if you had sprint change your voicemail number to another phone number, such as your office or house... Would you get charged then?
this is the argument they gave me when i called in. They made it sound as though I could rip them off by using their system to talk. They are just greedy idiots.
Old 01-09-2009, 03:05 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: moment
Carrier: sprint

elboriqua176 is a n00b

call 1 joe and he says no go. it will be a charge......
i am on call 2 with liz who said she has to transfer me lets see.......

well no go on the next 3 calls... i guess i can try again later.

Last edited by elboriqua176; 01-09-2009 at 03:45 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro