PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 08:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HP ipaq 4350

Mrs. Geek is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy Mega problems with ATT Fuze

Ok, I purchased a Fuze on-line; generally speaking it was simply defective; went to ATT store and they replaced it. I've had the new one now for about a month. First off it freezes and crashes alot; when I re-set the re-boot-it was at 136 times. I've hard re-set a few times. I have a 16GB SD. I have learned that If I have my wifi on at home; it will not turn off; have to re-set multiple times and/or turn off phone; it then takes multiple re-sets to get the touch flo 3 D to load. Nothing to do with a lack of memory because it did this before I started installing anything; currently have 196.76 MB of Storage memory and 90.03 MB of Program memory. I have yet to get voice command to work; I've lost ring tones somewhere, somehow. When Touch Flo 3D is loaded; am I suppose to be able to go to the Today screen in settings and check the items I want on my screen because none of them work with Touch Flo; will work only if Touch Flo is off?? I can see the Microsoft Push but cannot activate it at all. I'd like to get the bloat ware off that ATT stuck in here but don't quite know how. I don't play many games; I'm a cardiology nurse and have a b-zillian Cardiology programs on here. Do I hate the phone; no I just want it to work; the memory is great; I don't mind the screen size; I am use to a HP Ipaq screen but this is fine. I like the keyboard bla, bla, bla. I'm wondering if some manufacturer setting is screwed up. I don't want to do yet another hard re-set but will glading do to get things in smooth working order. The phone; intermittently when making a call I can see that it's dialing; it connect but I cannot hear a sound and volume is maxed. Help please. I'm not even sure if I have listed all the problems that I am having at the moment this is all I can think of. If anyone can help me it would be greatly appreciated.

dlwendland
Old 01-06-2009, 09:06 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Mega problems with ATT Fuze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs. Geek View Post
When Touch Flo 3D is loaded; am I suppose to be able to go to the Today screen in settings and check the items I want on my screen
No, that's one of the big disadvantages of TF3D

~John
Old 01-09-2009, 08:08 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Mrs. Geek is a n00b

Thanks for your reply JMorton; at least I know that it's not one of my many issues. Any idea re: the rest of my issues?

Thanks,
dlwendland
Old 01-09-2009, 08:28 AM
VIP Member

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
. Any idea re: the rest of my issues?
Well, the problem is you have so many different issues there that it is hard to say where to start.

If I personally had to work on that phone, I would hard reset it first & make sure all the hardware (BT/WiFi etc) works correctly & then go from there.

If all the hardware seems to be OK, I would very gradually add back in your programs ONE AT A TIME & thoroughly test it after each install to narrow down where the problems start.

I will help as much as I can & you're welcome to PM me anytime. I am not in the medical field, but my Mother is a Medical Technician & my Dad (who died a few years ago) was a long time Surgeon & taught Medical School at the University of Rochester for years.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-09-2009, 08:46 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

very well said john, op thats a lot of problems. take your time, youll find the problem, goodluck and update what you find as you go incase others are having same issues.
Old 01-10-2009, 10:19 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

Mrs. Geek is a n00b

I'm sure you're right; I'll have to re-hardset again; how depressing.... One more thing before I do tho. My ringtones worked and there were a few files ie mp2, wma files and all worked. Now they don't; well; some do and some don't where should the ringtones be; in the ringtone folder right? There are in there but don't work now? So I guess it's hard re-set time. The thought is killing me; so much work.........blahhh....... I so appreciate you're help tho and you may be hearing from me again soon. Again I so appreciate this. dlwendland
Old 01-10-2009, 11:46 AM
VIP Member

Quote:
I'm sure you're right; I'll have to re-hardset again; how depressing....
I understand, believe me..........

If you don't have a good backup program (IE: SPB Backup or Sprite) now it the perfect time to get one. Then, after the hard reset when everything is working fine you can make a restore-able BU of the system in that state.

When you install a new program & it botches up the whole system from a conflict with another program/bad coding etc etc etc you will be able to simply restore the BU & be back to the state the system was in before the bad install.

I have four current SPB BU files on my 16 gig Sandisk card. They are self extracting .exe files. I can restore the system by simply picking the file I want restored, clicking on it & letting it run restores the system to exactly how it was when the BU file was made. This has saved my butt so many times I lost count years ago.........

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro