PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Carrier: Sprint

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Scratches On The Screen Due To Stylus?

Im having more problems with this device than any other Htc device I've ever had. Im not complaining Im just sayin, just sayin. Love the phone but why does this phone have to damage so easly? First the switch where the stylus go in at is missing (never was there), for some strange reason my stylus put scratches on my screen and now brand new stylus and I get scratches again from it. Does anyone else have this problem with the stylus scratching the screen with every motion?
Old 01-06-2009, 03:51 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: Scratches On The Screen Due To Stylus?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magoo_215 View Post
Im having more problems with this device than any other Htc device I've ever had. Im not complaining Im just sayin, just sayin. Love the phone but why does this phone have to damage so easly? First the switch where the stylus go in at is missing (never was there), for some strange reason my stylus put scratches on my screen and now brand new stylus and I get scratches again from it. Does anyone else have this problem with the stylus scratching the screen with every motion?
Don't have that problem. I'm also still running the screen protector that came in the box when I first bought the TP.

Old 01-06-2009, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

jdesola is just getting started

I havn't had this problem myself. HTC includes a screen protector in the packaging (if purchased new). I would think that they designed the stylus to be 'screen safe' though.
Old 01-06-2009, 04:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Samsung Epic 4G

big3etr is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to big3etr Send a message via MSN to big3etr Send a message via Yahoo to big3etr

I don't have that issue either. I use the screen protector from the box. I have ZERO scratches on the screen protector, not a single one, and I use the stylus ALL the time!!!
Old 01-06-2009, 04:14 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: tp2!
Carrier: the one

orlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stufforlandojumpoff knows their stuff

Sorry to say this, but if you're not using a screen protector, that's pretty foolish...
Old 01-06-2009, 04:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

gsvnet is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff View Post
Sorry to say this, but if you're not using a screen protector, that's pretty foolish...
Why? In most cases, when using the screen protector, the experience is just quite not the same. If you're careful, it most likely won't be a big deal without one. Further, if you have TEP, it isn't exactly that difficult to get a replacement if it gets very bad.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:14 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II
Threadstarter

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

i thought people on this forum said the screen protector that it came with wasnt good? Well Im using it now. Thanks ppls
Old 01-06-2009, 05:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

A screen protector is a must for these phones. Thats the first thing I did when i got the phone.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Arrive

Aleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good workAleki is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

i have the touch and ive gone almost a year without the screen protector. while my screen is not scratch free, its very hard to find where the scratches are. believe me, it can take a beating (ive had my touch in my pocket with keys, and change before).

if you are really careful with your device and make sure the pen or screen isnt carrying grit, then chances are youll be fine without a screen protector
Old 01-06-2009, 05:26 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

The protector it comes with it actually pretty decent, if you get it applied right. It's very precisely cut and works well. The hard part is getting it applied with no bubbles or dust, or without damaging the sticky part. It also get greasy really fast.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro