PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 06:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell

albertan is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via MSN to albertan
E-Mail Sync with Outlook Server

I just purchased a Touch Pro (on Telus) and have connected it to my Outlook server at the office. My problem is that when I delete an e-mail on my cell phone, it does not delete it from the Outlook server so when I return to my desk all the e-mails I deleted on the phone still remain in my inbox on my desktop. Is there a way that I can set it up so that when I delete on my cell they also delete off the outlook server at the same time so I do not have to delete each message twice? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

janko10 is keeping up the good workjanko10 is keeping up the good work
Re: E-Mail Sync with Outlook Server

Quote:
Originally Posted by albertan View Post
I just purchased a Touch Pro (on Telus) and have connected it to my Outlook server at the office. My problem is that when I delete an e-mail on my cell phone, it does not delete it from the Outlook server so when I return to my desk all the e-mails I deleted on the phone still remain in my inbox on my desktop. Is there a way that I can set it up so that when I delete on my cell they also delete off the outlook server at the same time so I do not have to delete each message twice? Any help on this would be greatly appreciated.
Funny you should post this, I was just having the same problem. I swear it worked before but now it seems to do the same thing as you and I don't think I changed any settings.

Never had problems on my Apache but I'm having the problem with my Touch Pro. I've gone over every Activesync setting I can find to no avail. Maybe an Exchange setting got messed up somehow? I dunno.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: GS3/stock&unrooted
Carrier: Sprint

skeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on repskeegcpp is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Well, same here. I believe that Outlook puts the desktop client, "priority" so even if you make a change on your phone, it won't "sync" with the desktop client.(that'll stay the same). however, did you notice that if you have alot of unread emails on PC/phone, don't even look at them on your phone, just pay attention to the number of new emails. Delete them from the PC and send/rec'v in Outlook, violla it syncs to the phone, not from it, JMO, don't know for sure but if someone knows for sure, plus enlighten us all, TIA

check this: opened all 27 emails from device only at home. came to work, checked outlook, no new emails..weird, sometimes it doesnt do that tho..

Last edited by skeegcpp; 01-09-2009 at 08:41 PM.
Old 01-09-2009, 11:59 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter

albertan is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to albertan

I have tried everything I know.... if someone out there has the answer it would be great if you were to share it. We are trying to get Outlook on the Touch Pro to Sync live with our corporate Oultook server so when you delete from the phone, they delete on the Outlook server as well.
Old 01-09-2009, 12:51 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

cal_j is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via AIM to cal_j Send a message via MSN to cal_j

I have this problem too. I hit delete on my phone and it is still in my email. Send and Receive once you have deleted the message and see if it happens again. Also might want to see if Outlook is in Cached Mode. That has caused loads of troubles for me.

My first guess is that the phone is not telling the exchange server that it has deleted the message.

EDIT: Just tested this with my exchange server. It works for me. Hit send and recieve to sync your phone back with the exchange server

Last edited by cal_j; 01-09-2009 at 01:42 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro