PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 08:06 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: ATI Driver for Touch Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideman7 View Post
Really? So far I have had best results at 15 fps and 500 kps. If I try to turn the frame rate up (and kps down) it jumps around a bit at full screen. Even though sling recommends using GDI rendering, I have found the results to be much worse if using it. It stops tearing, but the frame rate goes in the toilet (and jumps around a lot). Also, if I let slingplayer do the settings automatically, it decides on something around 7 fps and 80 kps... (completely worthless). That is with stock and ATI video drivers. Honestly I haven't seen any difference with the ATI driver and slingplayer. It does make a difference with the phone interface though, and the camera doesn't seem to take as blurry photos in low light...
Hmm what ROM are you running on? And what is your upstream bandwidth?

I am running on eRice's Clean ROM (Dec 19 built), and I got 2Mbps upstream at home. I can get around 30 fps with 320kbps and normal heat from the network activities.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:13 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mmtbb is becoming a great contributor

Isn't this the same ATI driver from OMNIA that has been in circulation for a while?
Old 01-06-2009, 08:14 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

Sideman7 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevedusa View Post
Hmm what ROM are you running on? And what is your upstream bandwidth?

I am running on eRice's Clean ROM (Dec 19 built), and I got 2Mbps upstream at home. I can get around 30 fps with 320kbps and normal heat from the network activities.
I'm using the stock ROM, and while I see 20-26 fps with your settings, if I go to full screen (the way I usually watch it), I am not getting anything near that. If i set to anything higher than 15 fps, it starts getting jerky at full screen. My home upload is 768 (according to Cox), but speakeasy speedtest shows a 4Mbps upload speed...
Old 01-06-2009, 08:24 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

i'm gonna see if it makes ifonz faster. It just is slow compared to D-Manns idiamond project.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:30 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
I'm using the stock ROM, and while I see 20-26 fps with your settings, if I go to full screen (the way I usually watch it), I am not getting anything near that. If i set to anything higher than 15 fps, it starts getting jerky at full screen. My home upload is 768 (according to Cox), but speakeasy speedtest shows a 4Mbps upload speed...
Hmm something odd just happened. If I have GDI rendering on, when it goes to full screen yes I am barely getting anything above 10. With GDI off, I'm getting around 18-24 full screen with very little jerking.

But again, that's no change from before the driver.

*sigh* HTC needs to get their priorities straight.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:35 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Hmm something odd just happened. If I have GDI rendering on, when it goes to full screen yes I am barely getting anything above 10. With GDI off, I'm getting around 18-24 full screen with very little jerking.

But again, that's no change from before the driver.

*sigh* HTC needs to get their priorities straight.
How are you reading frame rates at full screen?
Old 01-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

dr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good workdr g is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by ian3047 View Post
Ya it fixed my camera, the pics EVERYTIME were blurry even trying to capture say a tv that's on. Now it just shoots it faster because all that blur is gone. Shoots it as well as the camera on my Centro, 700p, or ipaq as far as stabilty now.
Placebo. Been using this for months and it doesn't significantly improve the camera's performance. There's no reason it would, either.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:53 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

Quote:
How are you reading frame rates at full screen?
Experience actually, I work at a TV station in engineering and do post production on the side.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr g View Post
it doesn't significantly improve the camera's performance. There's no reason it would, either.
I would have to agree, I can't think of a single reason this should affect the camera in any way whatever.

The only way to make the camera less blurry is to increase shutter speed which is exactly what happens in bright sun.....

~John
Old 01-06-2009, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Quote:
Experience actually, I work at a TV station in engineering and do post production on the side.
Ah, cool. Just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro