PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Scratches On The Screen Due To Stylus? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=52061)

Magoo_215 01-06-2009 03:37 PM

Scratches On The Screen Due To Stylus?

Im having more problems with this device than any other Htc device I've ever had. Im not complaining Im just sayin, just sayin. Love the phone but why does this phone have to damage so easly? First the switch where the stylus go in at is missing (never was there), for some strange reason my stylus put scratches on my screen and now brand new stylus and I get scratches again from it. Does anyone else have this problem with the stylus scratching the screen with every motion?

MadlyAlive 01-06-2009 03:51 PM

Re: Scratches On The Screen Due To Stylus?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Magoo_215 (Post 621863)
Im having more problems with this device than any other Htc device I've ever had. Im not complaining Im just sayin, just sayin. Love the phone but why does this phone have to damage so easly? First the switch where the stylus go in at is missing (never was there), for some strange reason my stylus put scratches on my screen and now brand new stylus and I get scratches again from it. Does anyone else have this problem with the stylus scratching the screen with every motion?

Don't have that problem. I'm also still running the screen protector that came in the box when I first bought the TP.

jdesola 01-06-2009 03:54 PM

I havn't had this problem myself. HTC includes a screen protector in the packaging (if purchased new). I would think that they designed the stylus to be 'screen safe' though.

big3etr 01-06-2009 04:04 PM

I don't have that issue either. I use the screen protector from the box. I have ZERO scratches on the screen protector, not a single one, and I use the stylus ALL the time!!!

orlandojumpoff 01-06-2009 04:14 PM

Sorry to say this, but if you're not using a screen protector, that's pretty foolish...

gsvnet 01-06-2009 04:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by orlandojumpoff (Post 621952)
Sorry to say this, but if you're not using a screen protector, that's pretty foolish...

Why? In most cases, when using the screen protector, the experience is just quite not the same. If you're careful, it most likely won't be a big deal without one. Further, if you have TEP, it isn't exactly that difficult to get a replacement if it gets very bad.

Magoo_215 01-06-2009 05:14 PM

i thought people on this forum said the screen protector that it came with wasnt good? Well Im using it now. Thanks ppls

kyle4269 01-06-2009 05:24 PM

A screen protector is a must for these phones. Thats the first thing I did when i got the phone.

Aleki 01-06-2009 05:26 PM

i have the touch and ive gone almost a year without the screen protector. while my screen is not scratch free, its very hard to find where the scratches are. believe me, it can take a beating (ive had my touch in my pocket with keys, and change before).

if you are really careful with your device and make sure the pen or screen isnt carrying grit, then chances are youll be fine without a screen protector

dr g 01-06-2009 05:26 PM

The protector it comes with it actually pretty decent, if you get it applied right. It's very precisely cut and works well. The hard part is getting it applied with no bubbles or dust, or without damaging the sticky part. It also get greasy really fast.