PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2009, 02:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

allofthepeople is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Visual Voicemail

Any one have any luck finding visual voicemail program like the Instinct's? I've tried Dashwire or whatever but it didnt seem to do what I wanted.
Old 01-06-2009, 02:50 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff
Re: Visual Voicemail

Dashwire isnt a visual voicemail service, but they access call wave which is. Call wave and phone fusion only work if you have conditional call forwrding. And - if you have Sprint, they technically dont do that, or they charge you for it. All th other carriers allow you to customize it yourself. So in short - until Sprint allows user defined conditional call forwarding, we are stuck...

[
Old 01-06-2009, 04:20 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: EVO

peerless is a n00b

Call Wave is nothing like Instincts VVM, Phonefusion works just like VVM on the Instinct with extras. Run through this thread: http://sprintusers.com/forum/showthread.php?t=178382 it is very informative. Also, I have been using Phonefusion for over a month I haven't been charged forwarding fees, Tier2 Tech Support Business can enable the Conditional setting on your account/device.
Old 01-06-2009, 05:53 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: xv6875
Carrier: Big Red

oanderson007 is a n00b

For Sprint they have 3 types of call forwarding, specifically call forwarding unconditional, that can be set by dialing *72 and the 10 digit number forwarded to, but this cost $.20 per minute. (all calls are forwarded as soon as they are recieved, ie they arent initally recieved by your device)
Then there is call forwarding busy and call forwarding no answer, which the last would be the one you would want for a 3rd party voicemaill solution such as youmail. To start these dial *72 + forwarded number, and *74+forwarded number. These may or may not charge the $.20 per minute(sorry unsure), in this topic that would be the time it takes the caller to leave a 3rd party voicemail message. These all can be stopped via star whichever you did(72, 73, 74) and then 0. I had used you mail for a while on verizon and did the call forwarding no answer with them to youmail and got my voicemail as a email via gmail account in form of a waive file, but with verizon it uses anytime minutes if the message is left during peak time, but not $.20 per minute. Hope this helps you somewhat, would recommend youmail, it's free and you can customize each message per caller if you setup your contacts on their site. Freeked people out when it said sorry, contact name, I'm not in right now, leave a message" Gave up on it as verizon finally got Visual Voicemail. Best of luch to you though.
Old 01-06-2009, 07:26 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

cocochannel is becoming a great contributor

just call sprint advance tech at 877-654-9111. tell them u want to change the voicemail number to 813 200 0200. thats it. (you can double check that they have it on conditional and not unconditional but thats how its suppose to be already)
Old 01-06-2009, 12:26 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTV EEVVVOOOOO, and a BB tour
Carrier: sprint..and umm...PPCGEEKZ!!

Success100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on repSuccess100 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to Success100 Send a message via Yahoo to Success100

HERE WE GO AGAIn.........

ALL HAIL SUCCESS100!!! lol!
Old 01-06-2009, 12:52 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Mogul

DaRedLight is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Success100 View Post
HERE WE GO AGAIn.........
LMAO! I know what you mean...lol! Look! when Visual Voicemail is available...BELIEVE ME! It will be the first post in the Forums! Trust me...Just hope and be patient. Another way to help...donate to some of your favorite Developers...this may help them look into designing new applocations...time is money! Just a thought...
Old 01-06-2009, 01:06 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Since there are numerous threads scattered throughout PPCGeeks that discuss Visual Voicemail, I'm gonna close this one down.

late,
Coz

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro