PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 10:04 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro

logmcd0910 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Question A couple of issues after adding tweaks...help?

Yesterday I decided to start installing some of the fun little tweaks I have been reading about on this forum, but after installation, there are a couple of issues that have come up and I am not quite sure how to fix them without just uninstalling the programs, which I don't really want to do as I enjoy the modifications that I have made. Also, as I installed quite a few things one right after another, I am not quite sure where the root problem may be.

The programs I installed include:

The program that changes the T9 word completion from the new version to the Mogul-esque version,

the RegHack Classic IME Tweak that added the glass clock and wallpaper in all backgrounds,

and the Sprint Manilla Blue (Revised)...

The issues I am having are:

When I try to use my onscreen compact qwerty, (in ABC mode) all I get is the "shifted" key...so if I press the "ty" key all I get is a "2", if I press "op" I get "." etc...and I can't seem to find how to rectify this.

In my "Music" tab, when I go into the Library, the bar that has "albums" "artists" etc, is white, instead of the black that it is supposed to be. You can't see the icons at all, though you can still swipe through them and choose whatever tab you need.

In "Opera" for some reason my screen orientation does not automatically change when I switch to landscape, (but it does when keyboard opened)...I had played with opera default to full websites instead of mobile ones in the about:config as described in the "Essentials" thread...but I (thought) that I reset everything to default...

I know this is alot, and I apologize, but I would greatly appreciate any help that anyone would be willing to give me as far as all of these issues are concerned.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:09 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Re: A couple of issues after adding tweaks...help?

the T9 is the one that messed up the key presses. there is a fixed cab for it. hang on I'll find it.....

ok back... here you go
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...76&postcount=7

Last edited by eenieMINI; 01-05-2009 at 10:11 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 11:23 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

logmcd0910 is a n00b

thank you.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:05 AM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Welcome, sorry I can't help with the other issues.. but someone should come along and help out soon.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

sovrce is just getting started

You can't really do anything about the background and color issues. People are having a hard enough time customizing their theme, let alone a certain color of a specific tab. Unfortunately, the only real fix is to try a different theme.

As for the Opera issue.. Have you tried updating to the latest build? Other than that, try a tweaking program, like 'Advanced Config' and editing "PollInterval" under the 'G-Sensor' tab. This will change how often the device checks its orientation. Lower this value, cut it in half even, and see if that doesn't help at all.
Old 01-06-2009, 01:35 AM
Lurker
Threadstarter

logmcd0910 is a n00b

eenieMINI (or anyone that can help) I tried the cab file that you linked too and I am still having the same issue with my compact qwerty onscreen keyboard only typing "shifted" strokes...is there maybe another cab that will fix???

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro