PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 03:42 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: iPhone 4, 32GB
Carrier: VZW

Shohan is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
A few TP questions.

So I've got my TP and love it so much more than my Mogul. I never had terrible problems with my Mogul, but the TP seems to be so much better. Maybe it's just new phone aura or something. I'm running the stock Sprint ROM and I have searched to try and find these answers.

Anyways, the other night I sent a new text by rotating the phone, screen automatically rotated to landscape in the new text window and I did NOT slide out the keyboard. Then I used the on screen keyboard to type the text. I cant get the phone to do this now. It won't rotate.

The text resizing thing has become a little annoying when you rotate your finger clockwise or counter-clockwise around the Ok button. Is there any way to turn this off?

The kinetic scrolling is a bit much. Programs like Opera and Resco Explorer are great, but the TouchFlo scrolling is entirely too fast. Any way to slow it down or make it more natural 'feeling'?

On the Mail tab in TF3D is there any way to add the option to delete an email to the menu button? I'd like to be able to delete a message without having to open it if possible. This just seems like it would be something that should be there. It's there for the text tab.

HTC Mogul > Touch Pro > Touch Pro 2 > Droid > iPhone 4.
Old 01-05-2009, 04:12 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Super Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

lmv7777 is keeping up the good worklmv7777 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to lmv7777
Re: A few TP questions.

Anyways, the other night I sent a new text by rotating the phone, screen automatically rotated to landscape in the new text window and I did NOT slide out the keyboard. Then I used the on screen keyboard to type the text. I cant get the phone to do this now. It won't rotate.
answer: the stock rom is not meant to rotate anything other than opera, so not that its "broken" its technically working like it should. if u want it to rotate again try - gyrator 2 (check reviews first, i have no personal experience with this proggy)

The text resizing thing has become a little annoying when you rotate your finger clockwise or counter-clockwise around the Ok button. Is there any way to turn this off?
dont have an answer for this. i dont think so.

The kinetic scrolling is a bit much. Programs like Opera and Resco Explorer are great, but the TouchFlo scrolling is entirely too fast. Any way to slow it down or make it more natural 'feeling'?
you can use diamond tweak (search above) to change the sensitivity of the screen touch and scrolling

On the Mail tab in TF3D is there any way to add the option to delete an email to the menu button? I'd like to be able to delete a message without having to open it if possible. This just seems like it would be something that should be there. It's there for the text tab.
no. there is no way up to now that you can add this function to TF3D.

Diamond > Touch > Treo 700p > TOUCH PRO

If i helped. click "thanks"
Thanks!

Last edited by lmv7777; 01-05-2009 at 04:13 PM. Reason: easier to read
Old 01-05-2009, 04:21 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

So how did the screen rotate and allow me to send a text without ever opening the keyboard? Any speculation? Like I said I'm on the stock ROM and it did this.

Too bad about the other stuff. I find it annoying when I brush the phone and the text gets huge.

I have Diamond TF3D Config 0.6.7 installed, but the tweaks won't work. To get it to run I've had to delete the Tweak.XML from the install directory. I have made the regedits for the touch pressure. I'll have to see if I can find one for scrolling.

Edit: So I found the SpeedHigh and SpeedLow entries in the regristry, but I'm not sure what to set them too. Googling them other people say to set them to 5 and 14 respectively, which they already are set to. Hmmm.

Last edited by Shohan; 01-05-2009 at 04:48 PM.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:19 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

talon95 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shohan View Post
So how did the screen rotate and allow me to send a text without ever opening the keyboard? Any speculation? Like I said I'm on the stock ROM and it did this.
With mine, you don't have to move the keyboard very much for it to rotate, I'm guessing you bumped it just enough.
Old 01-05-2009, 07:48 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Yeah, but even bumping the keyboard out just causes it to switch to landscape and then flip right back to portrait. I'm telling you it would switch back and forth depending how I rotated the phone. I hope I'm not going crazy.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro