PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2009, 11:54 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch/HTC Vogue

Fatdeko is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: HELP!! Touch Pro screen not responding!!!!

Had the exact same thing happen to me on my Diamond (frozen screen, hard reset, stuck on calibration screen etc) and went to the Sprint store yesterday. They said I had 2 options (to which I told them I actually had 3, but I'd keep the last one to my self, for now). As I didn't have insurance (and why should I--only had the phone 3 months and was well within warranty territory) I would have to send the phone to HTC (on my dime) and wait for a replacement. It would take 2 weeks. Option 2 was pay $120.00 and I'd have a new phone in 48 hours. I looked at the kid behind the counter and he could tell I was seriously considering option 3 and said , "I know what you're thinking, so why don't I just process the order for the replacement and if you come pick it up on Saturday, fine, if not, that's fine too. At least you can sleep on it. You can always call customer care and see if you can squeeze them for some goodies or something."
So I guess my point/question is:
Is this policy for real? Am I missing something? Are there any strategies, tactics, buzz words I should use with customer service to get some loot from them when I call?

Thanks

myers
Old 01-16-2009, 12:04 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatdeko View Post
Had the exact same thing happen to me on my Diamond (frozen screen, hard reset, stuck on calibration screen etc) and went to the Sprint store yesterday. They said I had 2 options (to which I told them I actually had 3, but I'd keep the last one to my self, for now). As I didn't have insurance (and why should I--only had the phone 3 months and was well within warranty territory) I would have to send the phone to HTC (on my dime) and wait for a replacement. It would take 2 weeks. Option 2 was pay $120.00 and I'd have a new phone in 48 hours. I looked at the kid behind the counter and he could tell I was seriously considering option 3 and said , "I know what you're thinking, so why don't I just process the order for the replacement and if you come pick it up on Saturday, fine, if not, that's fine too. At least you can sleep on it. You can always call customer care and see if you can squeeze them for some goodies or something."
So I guess my point/question is:
Is this policy for real? Am I missing something? Are there any strategies, tactics, buzz words I should use with customer service to get some loot from them when I call?

Thanks

myers
Well, you screwed yourself when you didn't purchase insurance from Sprint. It's only $7 a month. Yes, there is a 12 month manufacturer's warranty, but as it is with many other manufacturer's warranties, you do have to send it in on your dime. Sprint did not manufacture your phone, so why should they give you anything for your faulty hardware when you declined to purchase their insurance coverage? At that point, you are on your own and you are not entitled to any "loot".

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 01-17-2009, 12:25 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

gbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regulargbm85 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Dude... you buy a $600 phone and don't bother to get insurance?!?

Yeah, there's a warranty... but what if you lose it? You'd have to buy another one with no discount... $579 + tax... or maybe get lucky and find one for $350-400 on Craigslist.

$7/mo doesn't seem so bad compared to that, does it?
Old 02-05-2009, 03:10 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC 6700, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, HTC EVO

Squirrelxss is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Squirrelxss

I just got the same damn thing happen to me. Sprint claims this isnt a known problem, they told me take it to a store for a swap out.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:11 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I wouldn't really say it's a known problem. Yours and the OP's are the only two I've heard of.
Old 02-05-2009, 03:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: PPC 6700, Touch Pro, Touch Pro 2, HTC EVO

Squirrelxss is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Squirrelxss

After some tinkerinf around i fixed it, by holding the keyboard halfway open untill it started responding. then rammed it home. My guess is that the sensor wasnt able to "seat" all the way. So its resolved now. Gotta call sprint and tell them to cancel the note they have.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 05-15-2009, 07:08 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC EVO

josh90265 is a n00b
Talking Re: HELP!! Touch Pro screen not responding!!!!

Thanks Squirrelxss!!!

My touch screen just died and stopped responding a couple minutes ago. I thought it was strange cuz i was JUST using it a min prior to it happening. I must of closed it and it happened then. I then was adjusting the volume with the side buttons, then tried adjusting it with the onscreen control and nothing happened. I soft reset, did Nothing. Googled it. Found Squirrelxss post, tried it and it WORKED!!!

I do, though, think that Sprint should compensate us for this terrifying ordeal. A swap out would be great, since i've had this phone 6 months already...and the sliding mechanism is kinda loose.
Old 02-19-2010, 10:46 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Ghost26 is a n00b

This just happened to me and i'm not getting the fix to work, any ideas?
Old 01-21-2011, 01:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

paulwpark is a n00b

I just got my phone to work when the same thing happened to me. I usually keep it in my pocket. Then one day it stopped working like most of you. Then I googled "htc touch pro screen not reponding" and I found this link:

HTC touch pro... touch screen has stopped working - FixYa

It says to jam your fingernail along the side of the screen as if you're trying to pry off the screen protector (even if one doesn't exist) and then IT WORKED!!! Try it and you'll see if you still have your phone. This post is old but you never know.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 02-16-2011, 01:54 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: o2

nass1470 is a n00b

Same problem
Touch-screen stopped working last night.
I flashed a new ROM with no success.
So there's nothing I can do? Can I change something?
If there's an answer please write to
dj.nass.80@gmail.comThank you.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro