PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Galaxy S7 Edge
Carrier: T-Mobile

caseyatbt is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Custom ROM question...and a couple others

I have spent some time searching the Custom ROM threads but cannot find out what has been done in each one. I have read through the change logs, but still I have know idea what has been done in each custom ROM that will help me decide which fits my needs best. Is there somewhere that the creator of a ROM lists what they have added/removed in their releases. If I have missed it somewhere, I apologize, I really have spent a great deal of time looking.

My other questions, what is the difference between TouchFlo 3D and Manilla 3d? And finally, what is s2u2?

Thanks
Old 01-05-2009, 12:28 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: pocket
Carrier: sprint

jupiter is becoming a great contributor
Re: Custom ROM question...and a couple others

Quote:
Originally Posted by caseyatbt View Post
I have spent some time searching the Custom ROM threads but cannot find out what has been done in each one. I have read through the change logs, but still I have know idea what has been done in each custom ROM that will help me decide which fits my needs best. Is there somewhere that the creator of a ROM lists what they have added/removed in their releases. If I have missed it somewhere, I apologize, I really have spent a great deal of time looking.

My other questions, what is the difference between TouchFlo 3D and Manilla 3d? And finally, what is s2u2?

Thanks
well as for the ROM they all list changelogs. and if u said u read thru them then u already read what each rom does/provides,thats where they list the information you are asking about

s2u2 is a screen lock program that has a bunch of addition features like call waiting, wall paper, volume control etc. its free
Old 01-05-2009, 12:42 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint Hero
Carrier: Sprint

sgtcody is becoming a great contributor

I have found that the change logs don't really tell you what's in a ROM, how it looks, or especially how it feels. I think the best advice is to just try a few on for size.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

True, but a changelog will give you a base idea on whats added or removed from a ROM. Along with reading the first couple pages of the thread, you can get a good idea how the rom works for others.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro