PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 10:09 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Carrier: Sprint

PaulB007 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to PaulB007 Send a message via MSN to PaulB007
Does HTC Pro save cabs to device?

When I download something directly off the internet onto my Pro, a CAB file, when I select "open" does this install and then delete the CAB automatically, or is the CAB saved in some directory folder? If so, do you know where? I'd like to delete these.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:14 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn
Re: Does HTC Pro save cabs to device?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulB007 View Post
When I download something directly off the internet onto my Pro, a CAB file, when I select "open" does this install and then delete the CAB automatically, or is the CAB saved in some directory folder? If so, do you know where? I'd like to delete these.
It is saved to your phone. I believe its under Application Data > Opera9 under file explorer.
Old 01-05-2009, 10:16 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

You can select the destination to save to, I have a folder on the root of my storage card called Cabs where I store all of my cab files.

Old 01-05-2009, 11:22 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff

If you use a tool like Schap's Advanced Configuration, you can set it to automatically delete cabs after installation if you don't want them left on your device. This comes in handy if you do most of your downloads to a PC and already have the cab stored on your computer. Otherwise, the cab stays in whatever location you downloaded it to on your device.
Old 01-05-2009, 12:28 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Palm Pre
Threadstarter

PaulB007 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to PaulB007 Send a message via MSN to PaulB007

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazinazn View Post
It is saved to your phone. I believe its under Application Data > Opera9 under file explorer.
I just checked on this and saw two opera files, not the CABs. I am browsing and downloading CABs directly onto the device from the internet, and it asks me in Opera if I want to open or save. I select open, and im assuming that it unpacks the CAB, installs, then deletes itself? Or is it saving somewhere else that I am unaware of. I just dont wanna have a ton of cabs filling my device
Old 01-05-2009, 12:31 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Not sure about just saving them. I would recommend saving the cab files rather than just opening them. Unless you never plan on flashing or doing a hard reset. It might save you some time to save them rather than to have to go find everything again later.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro