PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-05-2009, 08:44 PM
ACSyndicate.net
Pocket PC: Epic
Carrier: Sprint

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to flyers2114
Re: touch pro talking text msg.?

Quote:
Originally Posted by texasez View Post
I followed your instructions but cannot get the text message to be read.
How do you get the message read thru the speaker? I clicked on the messag but nothing happened but for it to open.
Larry
If you followed what Darkness posted it will work for texts and e-mails....I have been using it since my Mogul days....the only issue right now is that it will not announce incoming calls...always did on the Mogul....I believe it has to to do with the newer builds...this is my most favorite app using it via BT...

If you enable everything in there you can also play your media or any app in the phone....if you want music just say Kid Rock or (music of your choice) and it will play....say media player and it will open media player...you can also do all of this via BT...

if you did what Darkness posted and it does not work...go back to settings and make sure Enabled was still checked sometimes you have to check it twice...

Last edited by flyers2114; 01-05-2009 at 08:50 PM.
Old 01-21-2009, 10:17 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

aiverson23 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiverson23 View Post
Is there a way to have the phone read the message to you again. Like if you didnt hear the message. Just kinda as a fun thing, cuz i know on my boys dare he can have it read his texts on command, instead of just the one time when the message is delivered
Anyone????
Old 01-21-2009, 10:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Just getting started
Carrier: Alltel

drea43 is becoming a great contributor

mine only reads it when I have on my bluetooth earpiece I don't think it works any other way
Old 01-21-2009, 10:37 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC EVO 4G

antjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good workantjones21 is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to antjones21 Send a message via MSN to antjones21 Send a message via Yahoo to antjones21 Send a message via Skype™ to antjones21

Is there a way to change the voice of the lady that reads the message? She sounds way to robotic. I'd like something better so I can hear it more clearly
Old 01-21-2009, 10:49 AM
ACSyndicate.net

flyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation levelflyers2114 can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
Originally Posted by aiverson23 View Post
Is there a way to have the phone read the message to you again. Like if you didnt hear the message. Just kinda as a fun thing, cuz i know on my boys dare he can have it read his texts on command, instead of just the one time when the message is delivered
No.............

Quote:
Originally Posted by antjones21 View Post
Is there a way to change the voice of the lady that reads the message? She sounds way to robotic. I'd like something better so I can hear it more clearly
No....not that I know of....

also you can now get it to announce via BT on incoming calls with a reg edit....finally figured it out after trying an abundance of changes....

HKEY Currentuser/ControlPanel/Sounds/TTSAnnounce

Change Catergory from VC1 to Ring
Change Script to v0p
Old 01-21-2009, 10:50 AM
ACSyndicate.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by drea43 View Post
mine only reads it when I have on my bluetooth earpiece I don't think it works any other way
oops forget to answer you.....

Change the setting in options to>>>Announce notifications using BT hands free if available....
Old 01-21-2009, 11:18 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo!!

Ljayhova is just getting started
Send a message via Yahoo to Ljayhova

Wow you know I've never used this feature it's actually pretty cool and if you follow the instructions that were previously posted you should have no problems. Thanks guys!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Alltel

igotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuffigotgame knows their stuff

My phone is always on vibrate so I never knew this...lol
Old 01-21-2009, 11:53 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

I don't know how anybody can stand this.

I figured it might be a cool feature having the phone read out new texts so I enabled it. It worked just fine, but it was so irritating I turned it off an hour later.........

~John
Old 01-21-2009, 12:56 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

This might be a little off topic.

I just bought a Motorola H695 bluetooth ear piece. I remember on my old Motorola Razr phone that using the bluetooth, programs like Sprint Nav would play through the ear piece when activated. However, on my TP it's not.

Calls come in and go out through the eir piece but when I activate Sprint Nav or play music none of that is coming through the ear piece. It plays through teh phones speaker. Now if I push the button on the ear piece to activate a voice command, as long as the little voice command icon is showing in the taskbar, all sounds come through the ear piece including Sprint nav and music. Once the icon vanishes, so do the other sounds.

I have tried every setting known to man that is available but still no go. So is it a phone problem or is it my ear piece or maybe it just is not possible?

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro