PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2009, 08:21 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint

dzags is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Opera Opening IE Favorites?

I'm currently using PointUI. They have a softkey for bookmarks but at the moment it only pulls up IE Favorites. Unfortunately I use Opera as my main browser and hate Internet Explorer. So I was trying to find a work around for the bookmarks only showing IE favorites. I figured I would set Opera as my default browser, transfer my Opera bookmarks over and I would be able to open them from bookmarks, it would just have an IE logo. However when I attempt to open one of my favorites from the bookmarks menu it goes into Opera as planned, but just goes to my homepage. Anyone know what the deal is?

Okay I figured out another workaround - From what I can tell a IE favorite is essentially a shortcut to IE going directly to that page, its an individual file. Is there a way to set up Opera bookmarks like that? If I can do that I can just put them into my windows/favorites and I'll be able to pull them up.

Last edited by dzags; 03-18-2009 at 08:47 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 09:07 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

miguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmiguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmiguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularmiguelfp1 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to miguelfp1
Re: Opera Opening IE Favorites?

no, Opera stores its bookmarks inside a single database file called "oper6.adr", and there's no easy or straightforward way to transfer bookmarks between PIE and Opera. waht I did once was import my PIE bookmarks into Opera on my computer, and copy the bookmar database from my computer to my phone

If one of my posts helped you, don't forget to click !!
Old 03-18-2009, 09:11 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: sprint
Threadstarter

dzags is just getting started

Well then I guess my only option at the moment is to figure out why setting opera as my default browser won't let it open IE favorites. Anyone have any ideas there?
Old 03-18-2009, 12:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2

zalozhed is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by dzags View Post
I'm currently using PointUI. They have a softkey for bookmarks but at the moment it only pulls up IE Favorites. Unfortunately I use Opera as my main browser and hate Internet Explorer. So I was trying to find a work around for the bookmarks only showing IE favorites. I figured I would set Opera as my default browser, transfer my Opera bookmarks over and I would be able to open them from bookmarks, it would just have an IE logo. However when I attempt to open one of my favorites from the bookmarks menu it goes into Opera as planned, but just goes to my homepage. Anyone know what the deal is?

Okay I figured out another workaround - From what I can tell a IE favorite is essentially a shortcut to IE going directly to that page, its an individual file. Is there a way to set up Opera bookmarks like that? If I can do that I can just put them into my windows/favorites and I'll be able to pull them up.

You can try the Beta version. It perfectly inherits IE favorites. The only problem is that it doesn't overlay the existing Opera version.
Old 03-29-2009, 05:49 AM
TouchPro Android Guy
Pocket PC: Vogu100, Raph500, Diam500, Raph800, Evo

makkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIPmakkonen is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

I just posted a method to set Opera as the default handler for .url files (which are the ie favorites that show up in the \Windows folder). If PointUI is just pointing to these files, this method should redirect them to open in Opera. If it does something else, it might not work.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62816

Installing the Opera beta is useful, as you can get your entire bookmark list formatted in correct opera format (and then save that file, and uninstall the beta). But it doesn't solve the problem of opening .url files globally.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:41 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

supdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on repsupdawg is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by makkonen View Post
I just posted a method to set Opera as the default handler for .url files (which are the ie favorites that show up in the \Windows folder). If PointUI is just pointing to these files, this method should redirect them to open in Opera. If it does something else, it might not work.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=62816

Installing the Opera beta is useful, as you can get your entire bookmark list formatted in correct opera format (and then save that file, and uninstall the beta). But it doesn't solve the problem of opening .url files globally.
Finally, a solution to getting PIE favs into Opera!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro