PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 06:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro2
Carrier: Sprint

MaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Remove the Yellow Focus from the Taskbar...?

Hey everyone, this is driving me crazy! How do you remove the stock Sprint Yellow focus from the taskbar? I know about the registry setting for the start menus and have done that, but I can't seem to find out about this one?

By the way, this is what I am talking about.....

TIA,
Old 01-03-2009, 06:47 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1
Re: Remove the Yellow Focus from the Taskbar...?

whats the reg. to get rid of the start menu yellow. nice tab icons. lol
Old 01-03-2009, 06:56 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Yeahman , nice TP background, called lady TP. Sktool will allow you to change that yellowish and replace it with a color of your choosing, in your case I think it may be background related
Old 01-03-2009, 07:43 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

MaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good workMaryGladys is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by darren.wlsn1 View Post
whats the reg. to get rid of the start menu yellow. nice tab icons. lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
Yeahman , nice TP background, called lady TP. Sktool will allow you to change that yellowish and replace it with a color of your choosing, in your case I think it may be background related
Thanks, you guys - ancient wallpaper from Windows 95 days :-p.

There are a couple ways to change the Start Menu colors....You can either disable the large HTC menu by going to Start > Settings > System > TouchFlo and REMOVING the checkmark from "Enable large Start Menu" - this is my preferred method.....

OR....

If you dig the chunky Start Menu but not the Yellow color.....you can change it via the Registry.

First, go to the registry and navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\EnlargeMenu

Pick a color here: http://www.2createawebsite.com/build...colorgenerator

Copy the Hex code and place it for the following keys. Make sure you have HEXIDECIMAL selected!

"ManilaCustomHlDown"=dword: (hexadecimal)
"ManilaCustomHlUp"=dword: (hexadecimal)

I have n issue if the color starts with a 0, it comes out a little squirrely. But the other colors work!

Anyhow, hope this is handy.

An example is the HTC green...it is color 178227...

HBenz, thanks for the SKTools idea, but why should I buy the software if it is probably only a reg setting I need to change? Thank, though.

Last edited by MaryGladys; 01-03-2009 at 07:45 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:48 PM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

You dont need to buy it baby unless you want to. in your case reg edit will do, but sktool offers much more,much much more..lol, so you dont dig yellow hein!

Last edited by HBOOT; 01-03-2009 at 07:51 PM.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:49 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

Josedogg54 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to Josedogg54

I'm going to give the reg a try
Old 01-03-2009, 08:23 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

lorddaddy84 is keeping up the good worklorddaddy84 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaryGladys View Post
Thanks, you guys - ancient wallpaper from Windows 95 days :-p.

There are a couple ways to change the Start Menu colors....You can either disable the large HTC menu by going to Start > Settings > System > TouchFlo and REMOVING the checkmark from "Enable large Start Menu" - this is my preferred method.....

OR....

If you dig the chunky Start Menu but not the Yellow color.....you can change it via the Registry.

First, go to the registry and navigate to: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\HTC\EnlargeMenu

Pick a color here: http://www.2createawebsite.com/build...colorgenerator

Copy the Hex code and place it for the following keys. Make sure you have HEXIDECIMAL selected!

"ManilaCustomHlDown"=dword: (hexadecimal)
"ManilaCustomHlUp"=dword: (hexadecimal)

I have n issue if the color starts with a 0, it comes out a little squirrely. But the other colors work!

Anyhow, hope this is handy.

An example is the HTC green...it is color 178227...

HBenz, thanks for the SKTools idea, but why should I buy the software if it is probably only a reg setting I need to change? Thank, though.
Works like a charm, is there a way to change the focus from the task manager?
Old 01-03-2009, 08:37 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorddaddy84 View Post
Works like a charm, is there a way to change the focus from the task manager?
Yeah, I am looking for that. I would prefer disabling it and having it like TF3D isn't running at all. I can't find ANYTHING yet.....Keep ya posted. I hope someone has the answer. The keys in the registry are running together for these old eyes.....
Old 01-03-2009, 08:40 PM
Still a Geek
Pocket PC: GalaxyS Fascinate; Bold 9650 on the shelf incase!
Carrier: VZW/Sprint

eenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributionseenieMINI should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Actually guys if you want the exact color and are tired with playing with those codes use this website table.. instead of putting in hex or decimal codes leave it check for decimal and hten put in the "access" code from the last column... works PERFECTLY.. attached is purple/silver combo.. use a dif color access code for up/down...

http://cloford.com/resources/colours/namedcol.htm

Edit for task manager is..

HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager.... same other keys

Start Menu
HKLM\Software\HTC\EnlargeMenu

Also you can edit the background by changing the file Pattern_2_2.png in the windows folder...OR point to antoher file. Custome Texture is the key in those reg edits

Last edited by eenieMINI; 01-03-2009 at 08:42 PM.
This post has been thanked 4 times.
Old 01-03-2009, 09:04 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by eenieMINI View Post
Actually guys if you want the exact color and are tired with playing with those codes use this website table.. instead of putting in hex or decimal codes leave it check for decimal and hten put in the "access" code from the last column... works PERFECTLY.. attached is purple/silver combo.. use a dif color access code for up/down...

http://cloford.com/resources/colours/namedcol.htm

Edit for task manager is..

HKCU\Software\HTC\TaskManager.... same other keys

Start Menu
HKLM\Software\HTC\EnlargeMenu

Also you can edit the background by changing the file Pattern_2_2.png in the windows folder...OR point to antoher file. Custome Texture is the key in those reg edits
You are awesome, eenieMINI! Trying now! BTW, the purple/silver color is very pretty.

Man, that is so odd how one is in HKCU and the other in HKLM. Logic would follow that both would be in one hive....

I like your start icon

Last edited by MaryGladys; 01-03-2009 at 09:15 PM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro