PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Do people complain about hearing an echo while talking to you? (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51626)

phaze 01-03-2009 02:10 PM

Do people complain about hearing an echo while talking to you?

So far, it seams like every other person that I have talked to using my Touch Pro has said that they hear their own voice echo when they talk to me.

This is funny because before I flashed my phone, I was the one who heard an echo of my phone, regardless of the person that I called.

Now, my mom, sister, uncle, and girlfriend, (people who I talk to regularly), complain that they here an echo on there end almost always when they talk to me.

Anyone else have this problem?

speck 01-03-2009 02:14 PM

Re: Do people complain about hearing an echo while talking to you?

I am usually the one who hears the echo, although sometimes it is the party I called. 99% of the time hanging up and re-dialing corrects the problem, so I always assumed it was a connection issue.

creedin 01-03-2009 02:14 PM

flash back to stock...? idk see another way, but i can't think right now so ya

nuuuuts 01-03-2009 02:16 PM

did have the issue before. I'm using the stock sprint rom, lowered the volume down by one and the issue hasn't happen so far. I did install the badboy volume fix

x10guy 01-03-2009 02:17 PM

NOPE....Nope...nope
NOT..Not..not ON..On..on MY..My..my PHONE..Phone..phone

(sorry couldn't resist)
Seriously it probably could be your ROM. Se if reflashing fixes it.

heartisall 01-03-2009 02:43 PM

reflash or turn down your earpiece volume one notch the same thing happens to my friends diamond because his earpiece is hella loud

platin465 01-03-2009 03:20 PM

I had this with my TP after I did the earpiece volume fix. I had to lower the volume by one, I think, to make this go away.

My wife's TP didn't need the earpiece volume fix. The same people who complained about this don't hear an echo when I talk to them on hers.

I believe it is that the volume fix might be making it too loud and so people hear what comes out of the earpiece as well. See if lowering the volume a little bit corrects the problem for you. If so, maybe the ROM you're using has the volume fix built in.

Josedogg54 01-03-2009 04:30 PM

Happened to me once but a soft rest fixed it.

Sayajin 01-03-2009 06:40 PM

I assume you are using the AudioPara hack, or at least the custom ROM you are using has the Audiopara hack in it.

That is partially the reason for the echo. While it is not directly related to the Audiopara file, it is because the hack raises the volume significantly. Also I am going to assume that you do not always hold your phone completely flat against your face when u use it.

These 2 reasons are the culprit. Becuase the hack rasies the volume so much, and the phone isnt completely flat, it allows the mic to pick up the earipece.

Fix - Turn down your volume, or hold your phone completely flat against your face with the earpiece flat and all the way on your ear.

-Sayajin