PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Replacement Sprint Touch Pro is a refurbished phone (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51596)

mrdenial 01-03-2009 03:11 AM

Replacement Sprint Touch Pro is a refurbished phone

I asked to exchange my phone 8 days into my 30 day trial and I just got the replacement (25 days later). I was told I was being sent a new phone, but instead I got a refurb. This refurb has the raised home key and who knows what else.

I'm pretty pissed. It was ordered through an e-ticket... Not sure what that means.

I'm wondering if I can just take it to the store, or should I just send it back in the return package sprint sent me.

I hate this.

creedin 01-03-2009 03:40 AM

Re: Replacement Sprint Touch Pro is a refurbished phone

send it back, and demand a new one, if you can be without the phone

Dr.8820 01-03-2009 03:41 AM

if i were you,i'd call *2 and tell sprint what happened.they will send you another phone.

Baffles 01-03-2009 03:46 AM

Shoot, got my new one just in time then.

Beejis 01-03-2009 03:56 AM

That's BS, call Sprit and demand a new one. Especially since you were within your 30 days.

Baffles 01-03-2009 04:10 AM

Silly question here, was it an actual refurb (wiped to factory clean/refurb data set in ##PST#), or was it someone elses return? There were a few reports of people receiving other people's returns.

Decidion 01-03-2009 05:07 AM

The interesting question is "is the refurb you got a return from someone else on the forum here?" :)

All kidding aside, yeah I would chew them out and go get a new one. It's the main reason I bought mine through Best Buy (30 day return, no hassles, guaranteed new phone). Well that and the fact that all discounts, rebates, etc are instantly applied...there is no pay up front and get a rebate to deal with.

One thing I did find out by calling Sprint today (for my unlock code), was that I was also eligible for a $100 credit for re-signing up for a two year contract (which I had to do to get the TP for the $199 price). So, in effect, the TP only cost me $99.

r1_rydah 01-03-2009 10:03 AM

while I agree the o/p should get a new phone since he was inside of his 30 day window... But realistically thinking getting a refurb is to be expected, with all these trivial reasons people are returning this phone... Some of the reasons are valid, but alot of the reasons I read on here have me :scratch: It's no way sprint can keep new ones in stock, when you have people on their 3rd & 4th phones and the phone has only been out a lil over 2 months... I'm sure its possible to end with a lemon phone once, maybe even twice, but 3 or 4 times in a row?!?

Hafrust 01-03-2009 11:00 AM

30-day replacements are supposed to be brand new phones. If it took 25 days to receive your replacement, there is no reason they couldn't have sent you a brand new one. Even with the backorder status, surely they could have come up with one within 3 1/2 weeks. Refurbs are usually still good devices, but refurbs should only be sent out as insurance replacements. If they are going to do refurbs on 30-day echanges, they had better refund you the price of the brand new phone and charge you for a refurb instead.

jgc9166 01-03-2009 11:21 AM

If it was filed through an eticket you didnt perform a 30 day exchange, it was exchanged for service reasons. An eticket is for service claims.