PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 11:37 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

steb0ne is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Replacement Sprint Touch Pro is a refurbished phone

What's all the b**tching about. The Touch Pro just came out 10/26 at best buy. The only way refurbs exist is b/c people return them for some reason. Like I returned my 1st TP, b/c of the raised key pad area (well, actually b/c I chipped the chrome.)

So, if they returned it to the manufacturer and they fixed the raised key pad and put a new housing on it, it should be alright. Plus the fact that the phone is in hot demand, u should be happy to get a replacement

I imagine, most of the returns people make are for reasons, that probably dont even mean there's actually anything wrong with the phone. People can just change their minds about it and not want it any more. I'd take a refurb as long as it works properly.
Old 01-03-2009, 11:40 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

Hafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIPHafrust is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

So if you were to buy a phone, decide you don't like it, exchange it for a different model within 30 days, you think it would be ok for them to give you a refurb? C'mon! Anyway, back on topic. It sounds like jgc figured out what happened. The order was not done properly by the rep the OP spoke with.

Having problems finding what you're looking for? Here are some tips on how to search the site more effectively.
Old 01-03-2009, 12:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

edub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularedub186 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

He probaly got mine i never activated becuase sprint F***ed up my order
Old 01-03-2009, 01:07 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro II

Magoo_215 is keeping up the good workMagoo_215 is keeping up the good work

Wow so I might be getting a refurbished one? I went to 3 sprint stores here in Philly and they all said they never heard a problem with the chrome so I called CS they too never heard of it either so the lady looked and found it in the Touch Pro error log stating damages to the chrome from drops from the ear level could get u a replacement and I did just that and now ur tellin me theres a Chance its not goanna be used? I hate Sprint sometimes, I was on the phone for over an hour.... Tell Steve Jobs Im coming over.... just playin just playin.
Old 01-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

circuit breaker is a n00b

Excuse my ignorance, but these phones have a system error log that keeps accelerometer data? Neat. How do we get into this wonderful tool?

Thanks
Old 01-03-2009, 08:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2

allstarx is a n00b

I work for an indirect dealer here in FL. The corporate store in town does not do service and repair. We do. An e-ticket is a repair ticket number assigned to you when your phone gets worked on. The system keeps track of all serial numbers entered in the system. So if you ever give your old phone to a friend and they bring it in for repairs, the system shows the old tickets on that phone.

All phones ordered through the repair depot come from sprint as "Reconditioned ". You might get a new one. We are not given the option to order new or used one way or the other. If they are out of Refurb... I mean reconditioned phones you may get a new one sent instead. Example. I just got my Touch Pro yesterday. I Knew they where handing out Pros if you were getting an old 6700 replaced. I just happen to have one laying around so got me a Pro. I was hoping it was new but it was not. Who cares? All of my PDA's lying around are reconditioned with no issues.

I've had other dealers in town including the corporate store send people to us to get their phones repaired when they within their 30 days. That is BS. Just happened today. I told the guy why would he want a reconditioned phone if he just got it? Like I said they work fine. But if you just bought it bring it back. They have to give you a new one.

Oh, and the chrome thing is true. You can get a free replacement if the chrome chips. It IS a known issue.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:16 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mrdenial is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Silly question here, was it an actual refurb (wiped to factory clean/refurb data set in ##PST#), or was it someone elses return? There were a few reports of people receiving other people's returns.
It was someone elses refurb, I did ##778#

Refurbishment status = yes
Refurb date = 12/x/2008
Manufactures date = 10/x/08

It has a few surface scratches and the obvious raised home key.

I had to press really hard on the screen for it to work...sensitivity messed up?
Old 01-05-2009, 06:19 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mrdenial is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripdub1 View Post
So if you were to buy a phone, decide you don't like it, exchange it for a different model within 30 days, you think it would be ok for them to give you a refurb? C'mon! Anyway, back on topic. It sounds like jgc figured out what happened. The order was not done properly by the rep the OP spoke with.
I'm not sure how this happened. I called and said I wanted to cancel service, so they transfered me to the retentions dept which I guess does the 30 day equipment exchange too (at least that is what they told me). I was very specific on the phone...I dunno, we'll see how sprint replies. I tried ecare this time.
Old 01-05-2009, 06:20 PM
Lurker
Threadstarter

mrdenial is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by jgc9166 View Post
If it was filed through an eticket you didnt perform a 30 day exchange, it was exchanged for service reasons. An eticket is for service claims.
How do you do a 30 day exchange on the phone then?
Old 01-06-2009, 05:45 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

not only would i demand a new phone and explain that i know how to check if it's a refurb, but if they didnt send me a new one i'd demand my money back.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro