PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2009, 03:03 AM
Noob
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Baffles
Email Notification

Hey guys, anyone know how to totally get rid of the email notification? I don't usually read all my emails on my phone, and I don't need to be told that there are waiting emails. I unchecked display message on screen, etc under Notifications, however it still shows the email icon up top, and when I click on it tells me the number of new emails. It also occasionally makes the LEDs on the front go off. Basically, I don't want it to tell me anyplace that I have unread emails, except on the email tab in TF3D, and under messaging.

Any ideas?

baf.cc | GPS Toggler | Touch Pro Essentials | Got MSL?
Donations are accepted and greatly appreciated.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:05 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: vzw

creedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to creedin Send a message via MSN to creedin
Re: Email Notification

check settings, sounds and notifications
Old 01-03-2009, 04:08 AM
Noob
Threadstarter

Baffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation levelBaffles can't get a higher reputation level

Disabled it all in there, didn't make the icon in the task bar disappear, nor the LED flashing.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:13 AM
Regular 'Geeker

creedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good work

well the led flashing would probably be a registry edit, and icon in task bar would also likely be one.
Old 01-03-2009, 04:28 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Droid X
Carrier: Verizon

razorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation levelrazorloves can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via Yahoo to razorloves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baffles View Post
Hey guys, anyone know how to totally get rid of the email notification? I don't usually read all my emails on my phone, and I don't need to be told that there are waiting emails. I unchecked display message on screen, etc under Notifications, however it still shows the email icon up top, and when I click on it tells me the number of new emails. It also occasionally makes the LEDs on the front go off. Basically, I don't want it to tell me anyplace that I have unread emails, except on the email tab in TF3D, and under messaging.

Any ideas?
This is a known problem that many of the experts believe is hardware driven, not software driven. I don't think anyone has found a resolution for this. It's just like the "Flash light for" setting in the Sounds & Notifications will not do more than an hour even if you have it set for "no limit".
Old 01-03-2009, 02:04 PM
Noob
Threadstarter

I can live with the flashing LED, even if annoying, but I want that pesky new mail icon gone.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:15 PM
Regular 'Geeker

Quote:
I can live with the flashing LED, even if annoying, but I want that pesky new mail icon gone.
change phcanoverbmp.dll or what ever dll with a empty picture
Old 01-03-2009, 02:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

aintitfun is a n00b

why dont you just delete the email account from your phone if you dont want to receive or read them on there.
Old 01-03-2009, 02:21 PM
Noob
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by creedin View Post
change phcanoverbmp.dll or what ever dll with a empty picture
Good idea, I'll consider doing that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aintitfun View Post
why dont you just delete the email account from your phone if you dont want to receive or read them on there.
Because I want to be able to look at my email if I want, but I don't want to be alerted that I have email.
Old 06-04-2009, 04:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

psyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the communitypsyki is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Good idea, I'll consider doing that.

Because I want to be able to look at my email if I want, but I don't want to be alerted that I have email.
I know this is a super late reply, but have you tried setting your email to not automatically check for new messages?

Like my work? Hit

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro