PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-02-2009, 11:48 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

Merq is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to Merq
Touch Pro vs. Car

Ok, I accidentally did a durability test on New Year's morning.

I was washing my car and as I got to my wheels, I set my TP on my trunk and proceeded to windex my rims and forgot the phone was there. Decided to take a trip to Whataburger in the freshly cleaned Cadillac, and when I got there realized I didn't have my phone. My first instinct was remembering leaving it on the car, but I was hoping I was wrong the whole way back.

I got home and couldn't find it, and tried calling it a couple times and someone finally answered and said they found it in the street and it looks like it was ran over. After about 3 hours of waiting for this person to get back to my neighborhood, (they were leaving at the time), I got it back... (thank god they started the new year off being honest and not trying to steal, although after I got it I saw why they WOULDN'T want to steal it anyway, lol)

The screen was crushed in and cracked to no end, but the keyboard was still mint condition. The SD card stayed in tact and safe, and the phone worked fine for talking to people... but could only receive calls, as you can't see the screen to try making calls. I will post pictures when I get off work.

Thankfully it's not a problem due to TEP and Sprint already has a new one (thank god for TEP) on the way. They said 2-3 business days. Hopefully they weren't lying.

Just thought I'd share cause I have no one else to tell who knows the true value of this phone and the pain I went through on New Year's day, and am still experiencing. I have no phone until Tuesday or Wednesday. Ugh!

It sure did hit me where it hurts, lol. I thought that lady wasn't going to give me my phone back. Whew! She'll never know it, but I give her props for doing that. May something good happen to her in return one day. =P (The reason this was so important is because Sprint expects you to send the phone they are replacing back, or they charge full price, and the rep told me full price as of today is $535 + tax for the Touch Pro. So if she didn't return my phone, I would have gotten owned.)

Last edited by Merq; 01-02-2009 at 11:51 AM.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:00 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community
Re: Touch Pro vs. Car

LOL, I did the same thing with a Sony cordless phone once.

I was doing a brake job on my wife's car (my Wife wears out more sets of brakes than anyone I've ever met) & I layed the phone on the roof.

When I went to test out the new brakes, I heard a rumble & loud bang when I was slowing down. I didn't figure out until about a week later what the noise had been when my Wife asked "has anybody seen the cordless phone, I can't seem to find it anywhere..........."

~John
Old 01-02-2009, 12:01 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merq View Post
the phone worked fine for talking to people... but could only receive calls, as you can't see the screen to try making calls.
Well, you can still make calls. Open your keyboard, hit the call button to bring up the phone and proceed to dial with the number pad. Hit enter or the call button again to call.

I just tried it after seeing this post so it works.
Old 01-02-2009, 12:03 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul > TP1 > TP2 > Arrive > SGS3 > SGS4 > LG G4

esqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuffesqueue knows their stuff
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
LOL, I did the same thing with a Sony cordless phone once.

I was doing a brake job on my wife's car (my Wife wears out more sets of brakes than anyone I've ever met) & I layed the phone on the roof.

When I went to test out the new brakes, I heard a rumble & loud bang when I was slowing down. I didn't figure out until about a week later what the noise had been when my Wife asked "has anybody seen the cordless phone, I can't seem to find it anywhere..........."

~John
Sorry that you lost your cordless phone but that is funny as hell.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:10 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

rihavens is a n00b

I ran over an Audiovox cellphone back in the day. Impressivly enough it only scratched it. I guess they dont make them like they used to.
HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint)
HTC Touch (Sprint)
Samsung A900 (Sprint)
Motorola V710 (Verizon)
LG VX7000 (Verizon)
Samsung A670 (Verizon)
LG VX 6000
Kyocera KE413
Motorola T720
Kyocerya 2235
Kyocera 2335
Audiovox 9500
Kyocera 2135
Kyocera 2035
Motorola 2950 Bag phone
Old 01-02-2009, 01:16 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

heh, did that once with a phone I had, was changing the oil on my motorcycle, and left it on top of the saddle bags, after oil change was done, took it for a rip.... when I found the phone, it was in 13 pieces scattered across the road, had been ran over several times
Old 01-02-2009, 01:20 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

berserker is just getting started

I threw my Motorola 550i through my windshield once....phone worked just fine.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:27 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

lmao..

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 01-02-2009, 01:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

AndyCR512 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merq View Post
(The reason this was so important is because Sprint expects you to send the phone they are replacing back, or they charge full price, and the rep told me full price as of today is $535 + tax for the Touch Pro. So if she didn't return my phone, I would have gotten owned.)
From what I understand, TEP covers loss as well, so you wouldn't need to send it back if that were the case: http://support.sprint.com/doc/sp3243...revPageIndex=1
Old 01-02-2009, 01:40 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D

pdoc01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdoc01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdoc01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regularpdoc01 is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

I dropped my phone in the middle of the street one time while running across, and amazingly 6 cars ran over it but never made contact with it. I did murder a wired stereo headset by accidentally leaving it hanging out the door while driving 60mph. All that was left when I opened the door was 2 little smoking wires.

But back to the op. Sprint insurance (Asurion or whatever it is called) doesn't charge you the full price of the phone if you report the phone as lost or stolen. (they still want the 50 bucks though) They only charge full price when you report is as broken (as in "you still have it") and don't return it. They don't expect you to return a phone you don't have.

If you found this useful, hit the "Thanks" button.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro