PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 06:48 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Carrier: Verizon

harpum is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Questions about Ebay bidding for touch pro.

Dear PPCGeeks

I am a newbie. Yesterday, I won the bidding for touch pro.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=120356089280

But I saw some threads about scam for touch pro here using insurance like
Asurion and bad ESN.
So I sent messages via ebay.
--------------
Dear ********

I am a winner for your touch pro ebay bidding.
I have a question about your product because I heard some sad stories about touch pro bidding in the HTC communities.
You advertise it is clear ESN and I guess you have your touch pro now. So I hope I can activate it now. Can I check whether ESN is clear?

If you do not mind, could you tell me how you get it? Because some buyers in ebay reported they got a replacement for insurance like Asurion, I am worried about legit problem. I heard they got the refund from paypal and FBI investigates these cases as an insurance fraud.
If you tell me these information, I feel more comfortable to purchase it.
Thank you for giving a chance and
happy new year.
-----------------
But he refuse to check a ESN because of duplication possibility.

------------------
Sorry as if you read more on the net people can duplicate this esn to load into other phones. this phone is 100% clean. I have a clean ebay record. i assure there will be no problems.
--------------

So I sent a message again and I am waiting his response.

Ok.
I understand you are worried about ESN duplication. If I pay via paypal, can you tell me ESN asap?

Can you give me a the one more box picture which
include a paper with your ebay name "scottydont07"?

Can you confirm that it is not from insurance company and that it is the legitimate product?
I will pay soon if you confirm these.

Recently, I heard even Powersellers who got more than 1000 positive feedback are under the FBI investigation.

Sorry for your inconvenience.

-----------------------
Am I nervous or overreacting?
It is a first time to buy a phone in Ebay.
I do not know how to avoid a scam.

I need your opinion about this transaction.
Thank you very much.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:13 PM
Account Disabled
Pocket PC: HTC Shooter/Schubert 32GB
Carrier: T-Mobile

Dr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation levelDr.8820 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Re: Questions about Ebay bidding for touch pro.

how many transactions does the seller have?what is his feedback rating?if transactions are over 100 and feedback 98% or better,you should be ok.
Old 01-01-2009, 07:14 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4G
Carrier: Sprint

jason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on repjason25 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

paypal is putting on the payment of multiple items including consumer electronics. I sold a video camera and the winning bidder paid right away. I went to transfer the funds from my paypal acct to my bank account and found that paypal put a hold on it for 21 days unless they got proof of delivery or feedback was left from the buyer. Now, when you receive the Touch Pro, try activating it and if there are any issues, you can settle them with the seller, ebay, and Paypal.

Old 01-01-2009, 07:38 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: touch pro
Threadstarter

harpum is a n00b

Thank you for your replies.
he got 8 feedback.
He replied as below.

The phone you bid on is not a phone from asurion. When you pay for the item and it has cleared I will give you the esn. I will give you the picture as well.

I think I will pay soon.

Last edited by harpum; 01-01-2009 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:34 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

$420 huh? Not too bad considering you can get it now since it's outa stock on sprint.com. I'm always leary of purchasing electronics from Ebay, but that's my personal feelings. I would say, do it, and if there's a prob, I would do what Jason25 says and take it up with ebay and paypal. GOOD LUCK!!
Old 01-01-2009, 08:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Spring

Addicted23 is a n00b

Just make sure not to pay with a money order or check. Use paypal and you will be double protected by their dispute resolution system plus you can always call for a chargeback to your credit card company in a worst case scenerio.
Old 01-01-2009, 08:55 PM
Shop smart, shop S-MART!!
Pocket PC: Evolte, Gnex

themuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIPthemuffinman is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Addicted23 View Post
Just make sure not to pay with a money order or check. Use paypal and you will be double protected by their dispute resolution system plus you can always call for a chargeback to your credit card company in a worst case scenerio.
+1 paypal is definitely the way to go, you will be covered if something fraudulent were to happen.

Old 01-01-2009, 09:03 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Spring

Addicted23 is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr8820 View Post
how many transactions does the seller have?what is his feedback rating?if transactions are over 100 and feedback 98% or better,you should be ok.
98% looks good, but it's actually pretty disastrous on Ebay. You rarely see anything a lot lower. Stick to 100% on less than 100 feedbacks and at least 99% (but preferably 99.5%) on higher volume sellers.

Also, looks for positive feedback on similar or identical products that seller has sold in the past.
Old 01-01-2009, 09:31 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
+1 paypal is definitely the way to go, you will be covered if something fraudulent were to happen.
I wouldn't be so sure about that.

I got totally scammed on a $600 NAV unit I bought on ebay. I paid immediately for a "buy it now' item & the guy never sent it & then gave me every excuse under the sun.

I reported it to Paypal & they investigated & found in my favor, but then they told me I was out of luck because the guy was broke & had no money to give me a refund (& PP will NOT directly refund you the money)

Luckily, I had used Paypal but my PP account charges to a Mastercard & at that point I called the CC & reported the fraudulent transaction & the CC immediately took the charge off my card.

~John
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 01-01-2009, 10:18 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

Quote:
Originally Posted by themuffinman View Post
not necessarily. Make sure you pay with a CREDIT CARD with a Visa, MC, American Express, etc. logo (Visa Check Card is ok) and dispute the charge through your credit card. Paypal does everything it can to get out of being accountable. Your Credit Card company works on your behalf.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro