PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2009, 06:51 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

subiegsr is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
S2u2 and ActiveSync Problem..

I just installed s2u2's v1.4 cab on my phone last night via ActiveSync. The program works great, but it seems that now all my favorite contacts are gone or deleted somehow. What the heck happened!? Now i'm missing at least 15 contacts! Is there anyway to retrieve them??
Old 01-01-2009, 08:03 PM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: S2u2 and ActiveSync Problem..

Are you running a TP or the mogul? Did you try a soft reset? Did you turn off TF3D and back on? Are your favorite contacts still in the original contact list? So many questions, so little time!

I in fact installed S2U2 v1.4 tonight and was having problems as well. Like, all it would do when someone called was vibrate (no ringing) and it wouldn't answer the call. I found that every time i made a settings change and saved, I would have a problem unless I soft reset. So I would make the change, save, then soft reset and all was good. For your prob....If soft resets don't work, find your contacts and reinstall to your favorits list. If in fact it deleted them outa there as well, I hope you have a backups!

Installing from Activesync seems to always cause probs for me, Try copying the cabs to your SD card and install from there.

Last edited by gator352; 01-01-2009 at 08:13 PM.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:52 AM
N00b
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro
Threadstarter

subiegsr is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by gator352 View Post
Are you running a TP or the mogul? Did you try a soft reset? Did you turn off TF3D and back on? Are your favorite contacts still in the original contact list? So many questions, so little time!

I in fact installed S2U2 v1.4 tonight and was having problems as well. Like, all it would do when someone called was vibrate (no ringing) and it wouldn't answer the call. I found that every time i made a settings change and saved, I would have a problem unless I soft reset. So I would make the change, save, then soft reset and all was good. For your prob....If soft resets don't work, find your contacts and reinstall to your favorits list. If in fact it deleted them outa there as well, I hope you have a backups!

Installing from Activesync seems to always cause probs for me, Try copying the cabs to your SD card and install from there.
Sorry, forgot to update my profile.. its for the touch pro. I did do a soft reset after installing, just disabled touchflo3d and did a reset. I'll try to delete my contacts on my phone and try to sync it again. My favorite contacts are not in my contact list, I had to go to my recent call history and texts and resave them as new contacts. The weird thing is that, when I look at my Microsoft Outlook contacts on my desktop, its all in there (including my favorite contacts)..even multiple ones of the same contacts and numbers, because I keep having to add them in my phone. It's like activesync doesn't want to sync the contacts I use the most .

Thanks for the help, i'll keep tinkering around with it tonight. I usually transfer cabs to the micro sd card, but I do it through activesync.
Old 01-02-2009, 07:39 AM
Gatornator
Pocket PC: Palm Pre /3 EVO 4G's/1 moPho!

gator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on repgator352 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Ah, I see! Just try it again. It coulda just been a simple glitch.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro