PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   Activation (Sprint CC closed for the holiday) Q (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=51399)

Mogulroonie 01-01-2009 05:28 PM

Activation (Sprint CC closed for the holiday) Q

For anyone who "KNOWS the answer". I want to activate my Touch Pro, I have my MSL (courtesy of BAF MSL Grabber):mrgreen:. Just wanted to know, do I NEED TO CALL SPRINT to activate, or can I do it myself (not online esn swap), since I have my MSL# and will be using the ##3282# for data as well? :scratch:

SprintTouch08 01-01-2009 05:34 PM

Re: Activation (Sprint CC closed for the holiday) Q

why cant you do it in the online esn swap? the pro and diamond should automatically update your profile and settings itself (program itself)

Boost808 01-01-2009 05:40 PM

go to sprint.com and login after you log in right next to the icon of your old phone you will see activate phone click on that enter your DEC or HEX and it will do the phone swap and also give you the programming for the new phone.

SprintTouch08 01-01-2009 05:42 PM

yeh i thought it gave you the instructions and all the settings...

downsouthballa 01-01-2009 05:50 PM

if u have MSID from u can look for..........it might be your number or close 2 it.........

Mogulroonie 01-01-2009 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 (Post 612287)
why cant you do it in the online esn swap? the pro and diamond should automatically update your profile and settings itself (program itself)

Hasn't worked for me in the past. (since the new system anyways). Thought the phone always had to be on the account already, for esn swaps anyway. I don't want to attempt activating, then the "system" screws me for the rest of the day.

SprintTouch08 01-01-2009 06:07 PM

ive done it plenty of times with new phones bought on ebay and such never on my account. no different than one already on your account. when you pop in the esn into that, it will give you your unlock code (MSL) and tell you instructions to program. there shouldnt be a need to even call CS

Mogulroonie 01-01-2009 07:21 PM

*UPDATE* Worked to perfection... Thanks again.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SprintTouch08 (Post 612340)
ive done it plenty of times with new phones bought on ebay and such never on my account. no different than one already on your account. when you pop in the esn into that, it will give you your unlock code (MSL) and tell you instructions to program. there shouldnt be a need to even call CS

Thanked you... trying it now.