PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-31-2008, 09:11 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: .
Carrier: .

ft5117 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Thumbs up TV-out Audio Video cable, cheap and fast DIY Mod!

I was looking for a way to make my own TV output cable NOW and WITHOUT having to order / wait up to two weeks for a dedicated cable. I did a lot of research and found several helpful, but requires more parts than I have at my disposal. I used the info from two GREAT instructional posts (1. nethopper on xda-developer. 2. LoneSnark here on ppcgeeks.) and came up with the fastest and cheapest way to make my own tv-out cable for cheap and fast... and without needing a dremel, additonal cables / connectors. It works perfect w/ no buzzing, interference, etc.

Parts needed:
1. soldering iron / solder
2. tweezer to handle the small wires
3. the included HTC multi-purpose adapter
4. camcorder or ipod video cable (cheap, readily available)
5. knife to pry apart the adapter housing
6. superglue to glue it all back together.

Instructions:
I won't bother because you can just refer to the more detailed info in the other two threads. Also, there's too many variables due to the large variety of cables and their different configurations. You can a multi-meter to EASILY figure out which contact goes to which audio / video cable, then make adjustments from there. The following posts show more definitive instructions on how to make those exact cable w/ those exact parts.

1. I spent two weeks and couldn't find the specific info I needed until I saw the well-explained instructions and numbered contacts / leads in LoneSnark's thread:
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...23&postcount=9
2. Nethopper's instructions allow you to keep your adapter stock and fully functional. My method disables the 3.5mm headphone jacks and only functions as a tv-out. It's possible to throw a micro switch on there, but I use only use stereo bluetooth headsets.

3. I used part of LoneSnark's instructions to match the numbers on the HTC adapter and rewire a couple of contacts and that was it!

End result: clean and simple cable adapter w/ camcorder video cable. Pictured with an A/V-to-SVideo adapter.

Hope this helps, good luck!

Last edited by ft5117; 12-31-2008 at 09:21 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 09:50 PM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff
Re: TV-out Audio Video cable, cheap and fast DIY Mod!

can't you just snip the blue wire?
Old 12-31-2008, 10:33 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

Krayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regularKrayziepop is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to Krayziepop Send a message via MSN to Krayziepop Send a message via Yahoo to Krayziepop
Re: TV-out Audio Video cable, cheap and fast DIY Mod!

Yes you can. Thats what I did anyway and it works beautifully.

Those pics are huge!
Old 12-31-2008, 10:56 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: X51v
Carrier: Sprint

Technology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the communityTechnology1 is a trusted member of the community
Thumbs up Re: TV-out Audio Video cable, cheap and fast DIY Mod!

I did the same thing, carried my first phone back for a new replacement, kept the this first adapter, did the blue wire trick, works like a charm, now I have 2 adapters. I'm still waiting on Expansy USA to send me my real TV OUT cables...

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro