PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

View Poll Results: How long will it take to get a replacement
New phone by Friday! Jan 2nd 4 15.38%
Next week sometime... Jan 9th 6 23.08%
Two weeks Jan 15th 8 30.77%
End of the month... Jan 31st 8 30.77%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 05:32 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

grandmasterlarry is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Still no replacement!!!

My phone went dead on Monday dec 22nd... I went to the sprint store they first gave me a new battery and my phone worked for about an hour and then just died again. so I drove back and this time they ordered me a replacement... and they said it would be 2-3 business days... they have new touch pros in the store but they refuse to give me a new one saying "the ones we get from the manufacture warranty are different from the ones we get to sell" I say WTF does it matter why can you just give me a new one? I paid $600 for this phone 2 months ago and you’re going to stick me with a refurbished POS? This is bull **** and I still have no phone... they offered a downgrade to a diamond but I would never see the pro again... what kind of crap is this? if I didn’t have sprint SERO id be done with sprint and go get a damn I-phone... from what it sounds like from my sprint store, I will be getting a refurbished phone... if the screen ends up being like everyone else that has gotten a new phone recently they better fix that later... and how long am I supposed to go without a phone sprint? Huh? I called sprint they wouldn’t do anything but give me a $20 credit... I wish phones here where like overseas no contract no bull****... anyone else have any problems?

Last edited by grandmasterlarry; 12-26-2008 at 05:39 PM.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:40 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO

rushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on reprushco is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Still no replacement!!!

No problem here. Mine has been working since the day they released it at Sprint.

They probably can't give you one from stock because they are not a corporate store. I worked at a 3rd party dealer and we could never take phones out of stock for service and repair reasons. I've been able to get phones swapped with a new phone in the box at a corportate store before.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:59 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®

Well my keyboard stopped working (just my type of luck). They say they cant fix it, or replace it, so now they want me go through Asurion, but i dont want to pay $50 for a replacement, (thats refurbrished) like you i paid $600 for this phone, i want it replaced, i want a new build.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:00 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch/ sprint
Carrier: sprint

rbrown13 is just getting started

bro I'm on the sprint wireless advantage club plan through my sister in law and all my phone exchanges are suppossed to go through her, but I have now exchanged out three defective TP's in a corp. sprint store. I was very calm and very kind in my dealings with the manager of this store and since then two of his employees and I have had no problems getting my phones taken care of. It's all in the presentation, I had talked with tech support on the phone and they said that my phone was defective so I took a chance and went into the store pled my case in a professional manner and was good to go. after I had my first phone taken care of by the manager I have left his store feedback through sprint and that feedback has made it's way back to the store manager and I think that has also gone a long way in building a good relationship with this store.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:09 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®

Dude i was professional as can be, but i will loose my cool after the first 3 nonchalant "there is nothing i can do sir" ....
Old 12-26-2008, 06:39 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: TP2 & BB Tour
Carrier: Sprinter

badboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIPbadboy8813 is a VIP

i had a similar experience two days ago and what i did was bill a brand new pro onto my account and walked out of the store with it. i will deal with sprint on monday in another city.
I85 Nextel--> LG VX6000--> Moto V710--> Motorola Razr V3c unlocked alltel--> Razr V3c Verizon Red UI--> Motorola e815--> HTC 6700--> Motorola Q--> HTC Mogul--> HTC TOUCH--> Blackberry Pearl--> Blackberry Curve--> Treo 800w--> HTC Touch Diamond--> HTC Touch Pro--> Blackberry TOUR--> HTC Touch Pro 2
Old 12-26-2008, 06:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rihavens is a n00b

From working for Sprint, I know firsthand it all comes down to what you carry for insurance on your plan. If you have TEP they need to replace it in a coporate store, as part of the ESRP (Equipment Service and Repair Plan) they need to repair or replace your phone if it is defective IN STORE. Now as for WHICH phones they use to replace them, well it gets more complicated. I have never worked for Sprint, but it my understanding that even the phones they change in store are different from the ones they sell as Asurion buys some and Sprint buys other ones. They never mix the two. Who knows if its true, but thats the way it goes. 2-3 days for a phone? Be happy. Many people on here (including myself) had to wait a MONTH to get their replacement Pro's.

RockStar, I woud go to the Sprint store and ask for the manager and ask them what the ERP and ESPR program is and why if they are making you pay $50 to peplace it why you just dont have the ERP. Making you pay $50 is technically fraud on their behalf, because there is no physical damage to teh phone (for all I know) and the only time you should have to pay $50 is when it is lost, stolen, or broken. Equipment malfunction is something the ESPR should cover, just make sure it is a corporate store, not a 3rd party.

If they keep giving either one of you two problems, PM me and I will help you more.

PS. I used to be a call center supervisor.
HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint)
HTC Touch (Sprint)
Samsung A900 (Sprint)
Motorola V710 (Verizon)
LG VX7000 (Verizon)
Samsung A670 (Verizon)
LG VX 6000
Kyocera KE413
Motorola T720
Kyocerya 2235
Kyocera 2335
Audiovox 9500
Kyocera 2135
Kyocera 2035
Motorola 2950 Bag phone
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-26-2008, 06:53 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

rihavens is a n00b

What is Total Equipment Protection?
div#shArticleTitle{ display: none; margin: 0; }
What is Total Equipment Protection?

Total Equipment Protection is a monthly subscription plan offering comprehensive insurance, service, repair and replacement coverage. It combines the features and benefits of two individual programs:
Equipment Service & Repair Program
  • Coverage against mechanical or electrical problems, routine maintenance or failure from normal use.
  • Repair and service are available at Sprint Phone Repair Centers. Check our online Sprint Store Locator for the nearest location.
Equipment Replacement Program
  • Insurance for loss, theft, physical or liquid damage.
  • File your claim within 60 days of the loss.
  • To start your claim, go to https://phoneclaim.com/sprint or call Asurion Customer Care at 1-800-584-3666.
  • If your device is lost or stolen, contact Sprint at 1-888-211-4727 to suspend service.
Fees & Coverage Details
  • The fee for Total Equipment Protection is $7 per phone, PDA or mobile broadband card per month.
  • You can have up to three approved claims for loss, theft, physical or liquid damage within any consecutive 12 months.
  • A $50 nonrefundable deductible will apply for approved claims for loss, theft, physical or liquid damage claims.
  • When equipment replacement claims are approved, you will receive the same or comparable equipment — of like kind and quality — with similar features as your original equipment. Replacement equipment may be refurbished, reconditioned or different from your original phone, PDA or mobile broadband card.
  • You have the right to cancel your coverage at any time without penalty. If you choose to cancel, the change will be effective immediately.
http://support.sprint.com/doc/sp3243...revPageIndex=3
Old 12-26-2008, 08:09 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Threadstarter

grandmasterlarry is just getting started

yeah right I probably will not see it till sometime next week... they could at least give me a temp phone not just be *******s hand me the phone and go your phone will be here in 2-3 days... they where rude to me and didn’t want to deal with me... but that was only to be expected in the area I live now... all things are like that around here if you know what I mean... not the best service anywhere in this area... hell I wait 40 min at taco bell and ill be the only car in the damn line... the manager that I had dealt with before wasn’t there when I went either... sprint should have one policy for each store... if they have new phones in the store there is no reason why they shouldn’t be able to give me one... when I was home in Michigan they just gave me a new one out of the box for my 6800... After I turned down 3 refurbs because the keyboards didn’t work... lol...
Old 12-26-2008, 11:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC touch/ sprint
Carrier: sprint

rbrown13 is just getting started

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmasterlarry View Post
yeah right I probably will not see it till sometime next week... they could at least give me a temp phone not just be *******s hand me the phone and go your phone will be here in 2-3 days... they where rude to me and didn’t want to deal with me... but that was only to be expected in the area I live now... all things are like that around here if you know what I mean... not the best service anywhere in this area... hell I wait 40 min at taco bell and ill be the only car in the damn line... the manager that I had dealt with before wasn’t there when I went either... sprint should have one policy for each store... if they have new phones in the store there is no reason why they shouldn’t be able to give me one... when I was home in Michigan they just gave me a new one out of the box for my 6800... After I turned down 3 refurbs because the keyboards didn’t work... lol...
Was the store you went into a corp. sprint store? because if it wasn't that means it is a privatly owned outlet and they can only do so much. go to sprint.com and use the locator and find a corp. store in your area and try to get it replaced there.
Closed Thread

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro