PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2008, 01:25 AM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Slide to Answer off Touch HD working

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=162 credit

install file 1, soft reset, 2, reset, 3 reset, 4 reset

if you have custom taskbar icons/darkloard battery meter youll have to reinstall these after this process. just let it overwrite the old install

To get the left softkey back to contacts instead of video call add this dword to the reigstry

HKLM\Software\HTC\Phone
LSKContact=1

USE AT OWN RISK AND DO A FULL BACKUP PRIOR TO TRYING *BREAKS ## CODES, DONT KNOW ABOUT 911*

IF YOU USE THIS HIT THE THANKS BUTTON!

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 12-30-2008 at 01:53 AM.
This post has been thanked 6 times.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2
Carrier: Sprint

gofawkurself is a n00b
Re: Slide to Answer off Touch HD working

working on cdma?
Old 12-30-2008, 01:48 AM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

wouldnt be posting it if it wasnt

and no i dont know what it breaks like 911 or ## codes yet. so do at your own risk and a full backup before trying it. Not going to call 911 to find out but not important personally nor are ## codes. Im sure it will be fully ported eventually.

Last edited by SprintTouch08; 12-30-2008 at 01:50 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 01:49 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: EPIC

Unknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIPUnknown Zone is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by gofawkurself View Post
working on cdma?
yup..just tried it..and it worked.
Don't just say "Thanks"....give
Old 12-30-2008, 02:16 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Sprint EVO
Carrier: EPRP 500

stevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on repstevedusa is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I see China Mobile
Old 12-30-2008, 02:23 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TP2

gofawkurself is a n00b

thank you. works great. had to hard reset this morning off the original on xda
Old 12-30-2008, 03:07 AM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

I have been working on this too. When I installed those files I noticed that they were ginourmous and thought that we do not need all those files since most should be in the phone. I have extracted the files from the second CAB you posted to install. Originally there was over 200 files and it would take up over 10 MB of RAM. I got it down to 13 files and just over 2 MB of RAM and it still works. You do not have to install the first PATCH file.

I have been installing the CAB on my phone, then I would do a hard reset to wipe it out. Remove some of the files from the CAB and reinstall to ensure it works still. Again repeating the hard reset, edit CAB, install process. Done it over a dozen times and here is where I am at. Slide to Answer/Ignore still works, GSM stuff are still there (video calling, different buttons when in call, etc.), and ## codes still do not work. If anyone wants to help, it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...4&postcount=18

***EDIT***
Also, I have noticed that these files still do not uninstall properly. After installing a CAB, I would try to uninstall it (phone says program removed sucessfully, soft reset must be done), then soft reset and install modified CAB. I noticed I would get errors saying the new CAB can not install successfully. But if I do and Hard Reset and install same CAB it installs with no problem. Thus, that is why I have been hard resetting phone after each modified CAB. Again, thanks if anyone is willing to help.

Last edited by MrHawaii; 12-30-2008 at 03:15 AM.
Old 12-30-2008, 06:45 AM
No Mo' WinMo :(
Pocket PC: Nexus 7 / Galaxy Note 3 / Droid Ultra
Carrier: Verizon

MrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIPMrHawaii is a VIP

This is the trimmest I could get the CAB. There are only 9 files and it is under 2 MB of RAM. If any of the other files are not installed, the dialer and phone canvas reverts to WinMo Default. Video Calling is no longer in the options or menu, but the Left Soft Key still says video call. It does not do anything though if pressed. You can change that with a simple reg edit as stated before. I installed this straight to a Sprint Stock ROM without installing anything else. If you receive an error "CAB was unsuccessul in installing", you can try to install the Patch file from the first post first. I don't think it needs any of those files, but I think it has to do with previous CABs not correctly uninstalling. If the Patch is installed I think it basically overwrites those files that could not be removed correctly earlier. So now that those files were overwritten by the patch file, this CAB can now be installed. Anyhow, it installed successfully straight after hard reset or after patch was installed (you will know if patch was installed because dialer will be reverted back to WinMo style).

Also, you still can not get into EPST programming or use any other ##CODES. But, if you are on CDMA and want this to answer/ignore phone calls at least you don't have to install all the other stuff. It should save you some RAM.

To get it exactly how us CDMA people want it, I guess the DLL files have to be edited. I tried opening them with ResHacker, but I am not going to kid myself because I did not have an idea of what I was looking at. The HTC3BVT.dll and HTCMidCodec_Qvp.dll files looked like they have to do with the video calling feature, but if removed it reverts back to WinMo style. I am guessing because the phcanhtc.dll file is the main one and it is probably from the GSM version and needs those other files to tie into it. But again I am just taking a shot in the dark here. If someone with more experience and expertise wants to pop open these dll files and edit them, that would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Attached Files
File Type: cab Slide to Answer8.cab (759.9 KB, 42 views) Click for barcode!
This post has been thanked 2 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro