PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 03:34 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mmtbb is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Options for wifi connections?

With wifi and resco explorer, I can view the files on my desktop through my pocket pc.

I want it to be a two way street. How can I view the files on the pocket pc through my desktop through the same wifi connection? Thanks!
Old 12-29-2008, 03:43 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive
Re: Options for wifi connections?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmtbb View Post
With wifi and resco explorer, I can view the files on my desktop through my pocket pc.

I want it to be a two way street. How can I view the files on the pocket pc through my desktop through the same wifi connection? Thanks!
I've personally never tried it so I won't say that it can't be done...but have you tried browsing by IP address? \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx

Old 12-29-2008, 03:45 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I don't think there's an easy way to do it like standard file sharing on a PC, but you can try MyMobiler.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:54 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

MyMobiler requires activestink. I need this over a wifi connection.

If I can see, manipulate, move etc. files on my desktop through a wifi connection with my PPC, why can't the desktop see my pocket pc through the same connection?
Old 12-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Retired Moderator

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

Quote:
MyMobiler requires activestink. I need this over a wifi connection.

If I can see, manipulate, move etc. files on my desktop through a wifi connection with my PPC, why can't the desktop see my pocket pc through the same connection?
MyMobiler works over WiFi. I even used it to connect to someone's phone and fix it across the US. The file explorer feature works like your phone was connected to your computer physically.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

How do I do it? The intructions tell me to make an activesync connection first.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:28 PM
Retired Moderator

Quote:
How do I do it? The intructions tell me to make an activesync connection first.
Oh yes, just to install the program. Then you can use the WiFi portion to connect over your home network.
Old 12-29-2008, 04:39 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

1) Ok I got it working. A little tedious, but none the less, thanks for the program info. Is this very secure?

2) So even though I can see my desktop files in resco explorer, I can't do the same thing with the pocket pc (without a third party software) ? It seems it should work visa versa
Old 12-29-2008, 04:41 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
1) Ok I got it working. A little tedious, but none the less, thanks for the program info. Is this very secure?
It will be as secure as the connection you are connected to. If it's a secure connection then yes.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro