PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 11:12 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO

CaliforniaPlaya is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Pro just soft reset itself

Either it soft reset or turned on without me knowing it was turned off. It was sitting on a wood desk, I hadn't touched it for at least four hours and the last time I did use it, I left it on with the battery close to 80% and it wasn't on the charger. I heard a short vibrate and thought it was going to ring (I've got it set to ring and vibrate and it usually starts to vibrate a fraction of a second before it audibly rings), when I didn't hear anything else, I picked it up to see why it was vibrating and see the boot screen. I kept watching it and it did complete powering up and appears to be working. The battery level is still close to where it was the last time I used it at three full bars. It didn't move or fall or get bumped or anything like that, nobody was close to it and hadn't been for many minutes. Has anyone else ever seen the Pro soft reset on its own?

Thanks!!!
Old 12-29-2008, 11:31 AM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Re: Pro just soft reset itself

This happened to me once, and another time right after booting up. Windows rules man!

Old 12-29-2008, 11:37 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

Hey Playa, the TP is just playing with ya...lol. I had the TP since release and once that biatch didnt want to power on for no reason ...havent seen that behaviour since then...you should be alright playa..did you hard reset that thing when you got it?
Old 12-29-2008, 12:16 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

bboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to bboyneko

i had a ghostly soft reset also, not touching it or anything
Old 12-30-2008, 01:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint SERO
Threadstarter

CaliforniaPlaya is just getting started

Glad I'm not the only one, but it might just be that my gadgets are possessed, my Mac Mini which I shut down this morning just decided to restart on its own. If this keeps up I'm calling ghostbusters!
And yes I've also had it since it was released, I'm on my second one and I did hard reset once I got it. But between this and it freezing when its on the charger and possibly other things we haven't seen yet makes me think its not very reliable for reminders and appointments and alarms if it can't be guaranteed its going to be on. Oh well, I don't use most of those much anyway.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro