PPCGeeks

PPCGeeks (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/index.php)
-   HTC Touch Pro (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/forumdisplay.php?f=63)
-   -   MetroPCS Flashed Touch Pro (Juggalo's ROM) Question (http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50933)

rootdude 12-29-2008 09:58 AM

MetroPCS Flashed Touch Pro (Juggalo's ROM) Question

Hi Folks -

Thanks for letting me jump in on the party...

I just bought a Touch Pro, flashed for MetroPCS using Juggalo's ROM (it seems), and I wanted to do a little ROM experimentation. If I flash another ROM, will I end up wiping out the MetroPCS programming that has been done to my handset? If so, what would I need to do following the installation of a new ROM to make sure I could still use my Touch Pro on MetroPCS?

I know it's kind of a newb question, but this is my first foray into the CDMA world - I've been flashing GSM PPC handsets for ages.

TIA,
RootDude

zsunsun 12-30-2008 10:26 PM

Re: MetroPCS Flashed Touch Pro (Juggalo's ROM) Question

If metroPCS programming means your number in ## menu settings, I think it will stay. I flashed my rom many times within sprint but those settings always stayed.

gguruusa 12-31-2008 01:19 PM

Depends on what you flash, of course.

If you stick to metro-pcs roms, you should be fine.

cornelious2 12-31-2008 01:20 PM

you will need a carrier cab, or some way of putting the carrier specific information back into the phone after switching roms. unless you flash a metropcs rom of course.

blasphemous_prime 12-31-2008 01:23 PM

Exactly what I was thinking cornelious. Besides, does he also need the PRL, the MSL grabber, the QPST and so on as well?

cornelious2 12-31-2008 01:32 PM

the msl should stay the same between roms unless the rom explicitly changed it. the prl as long as the file can be located can be updated using the epst. never really used QPST since I am on sprint most of that has been taken care of for me in cabs or roms.

Though I do remember people having issues were their akey (or some other random information) dissapeared from epst after flashing so writing down all the numbers and codes within ##786# would be advised. baffles msl grabber works great to find out what the msl is set to on the tp.

pimpsuprazx 01-11-2009 01:21 PM

I know this is going to sound silly, but I'm a newb to windows mobile devices, I just had my alltel HTC touch pro XV6850 flashed by houdini to metro pcs, now if i was to install a ROM on it, would I be able to do MMS and internet, or how would I be able to do those things on this device? ](*,)

Thanks

christianguillen 01-13-2009 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx (Post 632823)
I know this is going to sound silly, but I'm a newb to windows mobile devices, I just had my alltel HTC touch pro XV6850 flashed by houdini to metro pcs, now if i was to install a ROM on it, would I be able to do MMS and internet, or how would I be able to do those things on this device? ](*,)

Thanks

i live in california and i can't find a place that can flash my touch pro how did u did it

pimpsuprazx 01-16-2009 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christianguillen (Post 637956)
i live in california and i can't find a place that can flash my touch pro how did u did it

I own a Metropcs store, we have the houdini program, and i flashed it, I just would love to get my internet and email working on it lol

:evil4:

christianguillen 01-16-2009 03:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx (Post 644005)
I own a Metropcs store, we have the houdini program, and i flashed it, I just would love to get my internet and email working on it lol

:evil4:

i found a store that flash it for me ...and to get internet and mms follow the instructions on this guide http://rferreira1.googlepages.com/WAPnMMS.pdf

pimpsuprazx 01-17-2009 02:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by christianguillen (Post 644147)
i found a store that flash it for me ...and to get internet and mms follow the instructions on this guide http://rferreira1.googlepages.com/WAPnMMS.pdf

I will try it and let you know, thanks a bunch for your help :headbang:

pamdavis01 02-16-2009 04:16 PM

Great information! I wanted to ask you something... can Metro unlock it? Buying a phone and they think it is still locked. How can I unlock it. Also, it sounds like you have metro flash it for talk/text before performing this programming, right?

Thanks!

arvinghost 02-26-2009 02:26 AM

Does anyone has the cab or exe file to make the internet and mms work for MetroPCS PLEASE?????????????

mdiaz33685 02-28-2009 12:34 PM

MetroPCS Flashed HTC Touch Pro and HTC Touch Pro 2 CDMA

3 Attachment(s)
I copied this from somewhere on the internet, and edited a few things, this is how it worked for my TOUCH PRO and TOUCH PRO 2,

REMEMBER - make sure you have the $40 plan, it includes internet and mms (picture messenging)

STEP 1 *** ------------------------------------------------------------- ***

1: FIRST FLASH YOUR PHONE TO METROPCS... SO THE NEXT STEP WILL WORK...

2: Open your phone PAD and DIAL ##778# then select " EDIT " and enter your unlock code. should be = 000000

Set the following values:

M.IP Settings:
MIP_MODE = Simple IP Only

M.IP Default Profile:
NAI = yourtendigitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com
Home Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)
Primary HA Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)
Secondary HA Address = 0.0.0.0 (just delete the values and save)

Security:
HDR AN AUTH User Id = yourtendigitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com
PPP USER ID = yourtendigitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com
PPP PASSWORD = metropcs

STEP 2 *** ------------------------------------------------------------- ***

WAP = ( INTERNET SETTINGS )

1: Goto Settings -> Connections -> Connections

2: Remove any Connections that are there, ( if u use a custom rom = they should have ( Network ) = use this one, DON'T DELETE )

3: Goto Connections and delete any existing connections and setup a new one using the following settings:

Number to dail = #777
Username: yourtendigitphonenumber@mymetropcs.com
Password: metropcs PASSWORD metropcs NO LONGER WORKS, u need ur meid hex #. and DO A SEARCH FOR MSL calculator.
Domain: (Leave Blank)

Select Proxy Settings and enter the following values:
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (http)
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (wap)
wap.metropcs.net port:443 (secure wap)
wap.metropcs.net port:3128 (socks)

4: Back in the "Connections" screen where you have two tabs at the bottom of the screen of "Tasks" and "Advanced", go to Advanced, click on "Select Networks" and select the name of the Connection you just setup.
For Example: if you leave as Sprint or Network then choose that one as your internet connection and do it for both settings.

STEP 3 *** ------------------------------------------------------------- ***

MMS = ( PICTURE MESSAGES )
MAKE SURE YOUR WEB IS WORKING PROPERLY (ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS) AS YOU CAN'T HAVE MMS WITHOUT WORKING INTERNET!!!!!
Remove/Uninstall any existing MMS composer you have attempted to setup. Also a good idea to remove any registry keys it may have created that are left behind after the uninstall.

1: Install Arcsoft MMS version 5.0.70.00 from Verzion or Sprint. I attached the one I use.

2: Open your Messaging and click on the SMS/MMS option.

3: Click on "Menu" and select "MMS Options" then select the "Servers" tab.

4: Add a new server with the following settings: or rename SPRINT to METROPCS
Server Name: metropcs
Gateway: wap.metropcs.net
Port number: 3128
Server address:http://mms.metropcs.net:3128/mmsc
Connect via: SELECT EITHER THE CONNECTION YOU SETUP ABOVE "NETWORK" OR "The Internet"
Send limit: 399K

5: Click "Done" and then set the new server as default.

6: Using a Registry Editor edit the following values:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Arcsoft\ArcSoft MMS UA\Config\mm1\WspHeader]
DELETE KEY -> "X-sprint-MDN" or rename and use the next line below...
ADD STRING -> "X-metropcs-MDN"="XXXXXXXXXX" ( Insert your 10 digit phone Number )
ADD STRING -> "X-DEVICE-MIN"="1XXXXXXXXXX" ( Insert your 10 digit phone Number WITH the 1 in front of it )

How to unlock ur phone.. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=42503

How to flash.. http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=43266

Thank me if I helped...

Download a hooked up rom that has all tweaks, hacks and all that good stuff...

Mightyrom is very good, There are so, so, many more roms to choose from..
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which I take no credit at all,
Thanks to 1 of the metro mafia friends on ppcgeeks, which shared this cab file, but cannot find the link to give proper credit.
It installs Arcsoft and configures mms and wap settings for you, what more can you ask for.

FOR THE HTC TOUCH PRO - use metro Web MMS 101409.cab

FOR THE HTC TOUCH PRO 2 - use MMS Fix Metro WAP and Arcsoft 5_0_70_24.cab ( I used Mightyrom )

musiqhead 03-19-2009 10:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdiaz33685 (Post 744411)
in the connections tab create a new one
goto wap and mms settings.. i personnally dont have mms added to my plan but usually locks up on me...

connections :
#777 is the number for dialing...
user name - yourphonenum@mymetropcs.com - 10 digit...
password - metropcs

wap.metropcs.net 3128
wap.metropcs.net 3128
wap.metropcs.net 443
wap.metropcs.net 3128
download a hooked up rom that has all tweaks and stuff...
jugallos is good also... i use this one on my signature....

I just took my phone to the store and had it MetroFlashed, but I cant figure out were to enter all this information. Can someone help? Does it require a ROM, or can I use the stock rom?

510jungleboy 03-20-2009 02:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mdiaz33685 (Post 744411)
in the connections tab create a new one
goto wap and mms settings.. i personnally dont have mms added to my plan but usually locks up on me...

connections :
#777 is the number for dialing...
user name - yourphonenum@mymetropcs.com - 10 digit...
password - metropcs

wap.metropcs.net 3128
wap.metropcs.net 3128
wap.metropcs.net 443
wap.metropcs.net 3128
download a hooked up rom that has all tweaks and stuff...
jugallos is good also... i use this one on my signature....

Can you link me to the Rom that you are refering to? I search Metropcs, and came with nothing , looking for that ROM. Thanks

n1nj4Lo 03-22-2009 01:48 PM

I've never tried either of this..

But if you backed up some specific settings with Sprite Backup, ResCo Backup or SPB Backup and enabled them after you flashed the new rom, then wouldn't that fix everything back to the way it was?

I'm talking about; ConnMgr(if you've successfully added internet) and some of the stuff in System Settings...

silence12782 03-23-2009 06:16 AM

Question does metro pcs make the touch pro or do you have like a sprint phone with the metro stuff on it?

n1nj4Lo 03-23-2009 06:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silence12782 (Post 791702)
Question does metro pcs make the touch pro or do you have like a sprint phone with the metro stuff on it?

Nope they don't I think they might be soon, but the only thing they make so far thats a Smartphone of sorts is Red Blackberry Curve and jesus on a bicycle talk about highway robbery... But in otherwords to answer your question, no they don't they've just recently (5 or 6 months ago) added the HTC Mogul to their supported Houdini flash list, before then you had to do everything all yourself... Still do in someways as you can see, metroPCS and metro Stores refuse to touch an HTC and add Internet and MMS for you after it's flashed... At least thats how it is down here in Atlanta..

silence12782 03-23-2009 06:34 AM

and are they cdma or gsm with sim cards??

n1nj4Lo 03-23-2009 06:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silence12782 (Post 791709)
and are they cdma or gsm with sim cards??

Just cdma only actually, no sim cards that I've ever noticed..

-

On a side note I bet anything metro has prolly crippled the heck out of that blackberry curve's os.. LoL

KingRahjah 04-03-2009 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo (Post 791707)
they've just recently (5 or 6 months ago) added the HTC Mogul to their supported Houdini flash list, before then you had to do everything all yourself...

So how do you go about bypassing the Metro store?

n1nj4Lo 04-03-2009 07:43 PM

A bunch of difficult tasks of cloning the esn number, manually adding all the metroPCS scripts, radios, msl/msi(I forgot which), xml files and all that other stuff...

So really when ya look at it it's better to just pay 45 bucks and have it all done for you and then staying with the unlimited internet and pic messaging plan and adding that all by yourself or having someone do it for you..

djsonar 04-03-2009 08:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo (Post 822028)
A bunch of difficult tasks of cloning the esn number, manually adding all the metroPCS scripts, radios, msl/msi(I forgot which), xml files and all that other stuff...

So really when ya look at it it's better to just pay 45 bucks and have it all done for you and then staying with the unlimited internet and pic messaging plan and adding that all by yourself or having someone do it for you..

ESN CLONING IS ILLEGAL

n1nj4Lo 04-03-2009 10:50 PM

Yea I know thats why I never tried it myself, plus if ya screwed up the phone and settings and bricked it then it would be all over your hands and not covered by anything..

tguerena 04-03-2009 11:39 PM

I have found a way to get picture messaging working with metropcs and the touchpro if anyone is interested!

n1nj4Lo 04-03-2009 11:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tguerena (Post 822535)
I have found a way to get picture messaging working with metropcs and the touchpro if anyone is interested!

I think I know what way youre talking about, I tried it with when I tried to add internet and mms the last time...

Where ya manually enter everything and then run a special cab and delete something from start up...

But do share anyways, it might be different for all I know...

-

Holy crap!! metroPCS has added Samsung Omnia (they cal it Finesse) to their SmartPhone list along with the Blackberry Curve... But I'd really hate to Imagine how crippled down theyve got the phones..

fdbryant3 04-03-2009 11:56 PM

Actually MetroPCS added the Blackberry Curve and the Samsung Finesse (a variation of the Delve and Instinct). It does use the same TouchWIZ interface as the Omnia. I do not believe they have been crippled in any way.

n1nj4Lo 04-04-2009 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tguerena (Post 822535)

Still waiting man.. LoL

Wildsprite 04-12-2009 07:50 PM

ok, I'm kinda stuck, I have internet and MMS working but I want to use MSN, AIM, and Yahoo, and I cant seem to get it working, can anybody help?
:(
thanks
Jenna](*,)

n1nj4Lo 04-12-2009 07:55 PM

I'm kinda stuck too, still waiting on tguerena's infamous new method... LMAO

Ohh well what else would ya expect from a noob...:mrgreen:
Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildsprite (Post 844072)
ok, I'm kinda stuck, I have internet and MMS working but I want to use MSN, AIM, and Yahoo, and I cant seem to get it working, can anybody help?
:(
thanks
Jenna](*,)

Have you tried it with IM+? It works for me, the times I did have internet working on my phone before I had to reset it..

Wildsprite 04-12-2009 08:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo (Post 844085)

Ohh well what else would ya expect from a noob...:mrgreen:Have you tried it with IM+? It works for me, the times I did have internet working on my phone before I had to reset it..

it doesnt work, it asks for a valid GPRS or web GPRS connection....I'm not even sure if I have those with MetroPCS, everything else works though

Wildsprite 04-12-2009 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo (Post 844085)

Ohh well what else would ya expect from a noob...:mrgreen:Have you tried it with IM+? It works for me, the times I did have internet working on my phone before I had to reset it..

it doesnt work, it asks for a valid GPRS or web GPRS connection....I'm not even sure if I have those with MetroPCS, everything else works though
I used these instructions and everything else works
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=14

n1nj4Lo 04-12-2009 09:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wildsprite (Post 844188)
I used these instructions and everything else works
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showpost.p...1&postcount=14

Hrmmm odd, IDK But it could be something different in the Mogul and Touch Pro settings... I have the Mogul and it worked perfectly when I had internet... You have the Touch Pro I'm guessing since this is a MetroPCS Touch Pro thread...

-

I keep calling MetroPCS > Connecting to The Head of Supervisors and trying to push the bill to them at getting the HTC Touch Pro on their network and phone list, so far it's not working as well as planned and they act like they don't know what I'm talking about... LoL!!

djsonar 04-12-2009 09:36 PM

show them this page http://www.metropcs.com/coverage/default.aspx
on the left of the web page check the drop down box and see what is there

Wildsprite 04-12-2009 10:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by n1nj4Lo (Post 844292)
Hrmmm odd, IDK But it could be something different in the Mogul and Touch Pro settings... I have the Mogul and it worked perfectly when I had internet... You have the Touch Pro I'm guessing since this is a MetroPCS Touch Pro thread...

-

I keep calling MetroPCS > Connecting to The Head of Supervisors and trying to push the bill to them at getting the HTC Touch Pro on their network and phone list, so far it's not working as well as planned and they act like they don't know what I'm talking about... LoL!!

no its not a touch pro, its an Apache , but I was sent here for the settings and they are exactly what I used to connect in the first place

I have looked it over and unless there is some sort of tunneling program they use my Apache has all of those settings,
currently I use
http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58852
for my build of the OS but it was no different in wm5, I still cannot connect to instant messaging except when on wifi or activesync

erikarreola 04-13-2009 02:47 PM

This thing is no joke. I cant get this to work. I cant find the htc_cm_guardian file. I search it with resco file explorer and I cant change it or delete it or rename it. Search with resco registry to change the sting value and or name and nothing. I cant delete the sprint internet connection no matter what I try. I got it flashed at the metropcs store but they dont do internet or picture mail.

Can someone suggest my other options. I would like to delete the htc_cm_guardian file and get my internet to work. is there a program I can download to delete this thing. I need help.

Lastly my phone does not ring. It vibrates when people call me but it does not ring.

one last thing. HHHHEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLPPPPPPPPP!

YouMayLose 04-13-2009 03:04 PM

I have MSN working just fine on mine.. I had to add my hotmail email account first before it would work..and also log into your msn from your pc and add your phone to your msn account I believe... As for erikarreola..did u flash a rom? if so which 1.. try turning ringer volume up? lol sounds simple but ya never no... my tp works just fine

erikarreola 04-13-2009 05:02 PM

Nope no rom here, just had it flashed by metro. I think I just need to find out a way to delete/rename the htc_cm_guardian file. What rom should I get.

djsonar 04-13-2009 07:10 PM

I use juicy http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=58002
but it depends on what you like on your rom
i use juicy cause is fast reliable and simple.