PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 09:58 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: MetroPCS Touch Pro

rootdude is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Smile MetroPCS Flashed Touch Pro (Juggalo's ROM) Question

Hi Folks -

Thanks for letting me jump in on the party...

I just bought a Touch Pro, flashed for MetroPCS using Juggalo's ROM (it seems), and I wanted to do a little ROM experimentation. If I flash another ROM, will I end up wiping out the MetroPCS programming that has been done to my handset? If so, what would I need to do following the installation of a new ROM to make sure I could still use my Touch Pro on MetroPCS?

I know it's kind of a newb question, but this is my first foray into the CDMA world - I've been flashing GSM PPC handsets for ages.

TIA,
RootDude
Old 12-30-2008, 10:26 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

zsunsun is just getting started
Re: MetroPCS Flashed Touch Pro (Juggalo's ROM) Question

If metroPCS programming means your number in ## menu settings, I think it will stay. I flashed my rom many times within sprint but those settings always stayed.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:19 PM
Deep Thinker
Pocket PC: Tin Can
Carrier: Atomic Vibration

gguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributionsgguruusa should be added to the payroll for their contributions

Depends on what you flash, of course.

If you stick to metro-pcs roms, you should be fine.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:20 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

you will need a carrier cab, or some way of putting the carrier specific information back into the phone after switching roms. unless you flash a metropcs rom of course.
Old 12-31-2008, 01:23 PM
Let me count thy wounds
Pocket PC: Photon 4G
Carrier: Sprint

blasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIPblasphemous_prime is a VIP
Send a message via AIM to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Yahoo to blasphemous_prime Send a message via Skype™ to blasphemous_prime

Exactly what I was thinking cornelious. Besides, does he also need the PRL, the MSL grabber, the QPST and so on as well?
If you are literally serving shit to American children, or knowingly spinning a wheel where it is not unlikely that you will eventually serve shit – if that’s your business model? Then I got no problems with a jury of your peers wiring your nuts to a car battery and feeding you the accumulated sweepings from the bottom of a monkey cage. In fact, I’ll hold the spoon.” -Ralph Dunlop-
Old 12-31-2008, 01:32 PM
Blabber mouth
Pocket PC: MoPho
Carrier: Sprint.... for now

cornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributionscornelious2 should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

the msl should stay the same between roms unless the rom explicitly changed it. the prl as long as the file can be located can be updated using the epst. never really used QPST since I am on sprint most of that has been taken care of for me in cabs or roms.

Though I do remember people having issues were their akey (or some other random information) dissapeared from epst after flashing so writing down all the numbers and codes within ##786# would be advised. baffles msl grabber works great to find out what the msl is set to on the tp.

Last edited by cornelious2; 12-31-2008 at 01:34 PM.
Old 01-11-2009, 01:21 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I know this is going to sound silly, but I'm a newb to windows mobile devices, I just had my alltel HTC touch pro XV6850 flashed by houdini to metro pcs, now if i was to install a ROM on it, would I be able to do MMS and internet, or how would I be able to do those things on this device?

Thanks
Old 01-13-2009, 07:27 PM
Lurker

christianguillen is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
I know this is going to sound silly, but I'm a newb to windows mobile devices, I just had my alltel HTC touch pro XV6850 flashed by houdini to metro pcs, now if i was to install a ROM on it, would I be able to do MMS and internet, or how would I be able to do those things on this device?

Thanks
i live in california and i can't find a place that can flash my touch pro how did u did it
Old 01-16-2009, 01:50 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 Metro Pcs WAP MMS Youtube
Carrier: Metro PCS

pimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on reppimpsuprazx is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by christianguillen View Post
i live in california and i can't find a place that can flash my touch pro how did u did it

I own a Metropcs store, we have the houdini program, and i flashed it, I just would love to get my internet and email working on it lol

Old 01-16-2009, 03:59 AM
Lurker

christianguillen is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimpsuprazx View Post
I own a Metropcs store, we have the houdini program, and i flashed it, I just would love to get my internet and email working on it lol

i found a store that flash it for me ...and to get internet and mms follow the instructions on this guide http://rferreira1.googlepages.com/WAPnMMS.pdf

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro