PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 08:25 PM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: EVO 4G-EVO 3D-Acer Iconia A500
Carrier: Sprint

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Resco Bubbles save game

I have Resco Bubbles on my Touch Pro and I want to hard reset but I'm on level 48 and I dont think I could make it to level 48 again. Is there a file(s) that I could save and after the hard reset put back that will keep my levels?

Old 12-28-2008, 09:02 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level
Re: Resco Bubbles save game

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
I have Resco Bubbles on my Touch Pro and I want to hard reset but I'm on level 48 and I dont think I could make it to level 48 again. Is there a file(s) that I could save and after the hard reset put back that will keep my levels?
Check your \Program Files\Resco\Bubbles\ folder for something like 'GameData.dat'
Old 12-28-2008, 09:07 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

gmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuffgmfeny knows their stuff

there's just links.ini config.dat dictionary.ini bubbles.exe Gfx.dat
Old 12-29-2008, 12:29 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

I just searched all over my phone and couldn't find it. I bet if you ask on Resco's forum someone will have an answer
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:30 PM
Almost a VIP
Threadstarter

the forums over at resco are dead. i asked 3 days ago and havent gotten a reply yet. Does anybody here have any more ideas?
Old 12-31-2008, 02:36 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Won't using something like SPB Backup, etc., restore your game settings after a hard reset?

Regardless, I would suggest getting some sort of back-up program and use it on a regular basis...it's well worth the investment and time.

late,
Coz
Old 12-31-2008, 02:42 PM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

mine saves to "my saved games" folder in my documents.
Old 12-31-2008, 02:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

auto_exec is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmfeny View Post
the forums over at resco are dead. i asked 3 days ago and havent gotten a reply yet. Does anybody here have any more ideas?
Just ran a quick test, looks like it's stored in the config.dat file. I'd back that up, that should be all you need (as far as I can tell)... you can back up the whole Program Files\Resco\Bubbles directory (just in case), but the config.dat should be all you need to replace after install to get your saved games back.

FYI - my test was to do the following:

1) copy Bubbles folder to \Program Files\TEST (deleting the config.dat file)
2) ran Resco Bubbles from the TEST directory, was at level 01 and was prompted to calibrate
3) quit the game, copied the config.dat from \Program Files\Resco\Bubbles over to \Program Files\TEST (overwrote the existing one that was just built)
4) ran Resco Bubbles from the TEST directory, had all my levels

Last edited by auto_exec; 12-31-2008 at 02:50 PM.
Old 12-31-2008, 03:05 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

Also, was screwing around and it seems that, if you change the following byte in a hex editor, you can cheat and skip to later levels in the game:

Not sure what the exact relationship is here, or if there are other bytes that are related... the screenshot has my config.dat from being on level 18... I changed that to a 48 and had up to level 50 available... must be something else, but you can still probably get a ton of levels by screwing with it.

I'd recommend backing up your existing config.dat before messing with this (just in case it doesn't work right for you)... don't wanna lose all your hard work!
Old 12-31-2008, 03:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

OK, think I figured out how to code that byte, actually... LOL Can you tell I'm bored this afternoon?

The byte highlighted is the hexadecimal representation of the last level you've completed. So, in my paste, the last level I've completed is 17... in hex, the decimal number 17 is represented as 11.

You can do the conversion by going into your windows calculator, viewing in scientific mode... type the level number in decimal (Dec), then click on Hex to convert it. Replace the value in 000000D4 (as per the screenshot), and viola!

As such, since I believe the last level is level 50, by coding '32' in that byte and saving you will have unlocked all the levels in the game.

Last edited by auto_exec; 12-31-2008 at 04:14 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro