PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-29-2008, 03:20 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Iphone interface

Yes, with the d3d driver, you just install and enjoy. It works with CDMA. I am on a Sprint phone and saw the difference after the install.

I think it should work on both gsm AND cdma.

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:23 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g
Carrier: Sprint

Beejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Yes, with the d3d driver, you just install and enjoy. It works with CDMA. I am on a Sprint phone and saw the difference after the install.

I think it should work on both gsm AND cdma.
One more question ( I hope I don't sound too stupid by asking). But what all does it update and what should it improve?
Old 12-29-2008, 03:38 PM
i like turtles

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Well d3d is direct3d, so if you have any applications that use this method for graphic rendering, you'll see an increase in performance with this driver installed. Basically, it tells the registry to look at a different file when handling direct3d code (the dll being installed with the cab.) This file contains the information needed to send the code to the right parts of your phone for processing.

I haven't seen any direct3d games for windows mobile though. The only program I've really seen a big difference in was that vr hologram app.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:50 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Do NOT install the d3d driver if you use SlingMobile, it KILLS the framerate......

~John
Old 12-29-2008, 03:52 PM
i like turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post
Do NOT install the d3d driver if you use SlingMobile, it KILLS the framerate......

~John
good bit of info. This is the first I've heard of this.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:13 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: touch pro 2
Carrier: sprint

gianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good workgianthobbit is keeping up the good work

i have just installed this and its awesome, very fast and once you get over that it crashes once in a while when you add apps its great. It is going to replace my tf3d

when adding programs wait 30 secs, it seems as if a process is running in the background and is the source of the crashing.
Old 12-30-2008, 04:24 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: Dream, Kaiser, Herman
Carrier: rogers

dan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIPdan-htc-touch is a VIP

haha, it crashes once in a while, then it's exactly like the iphone, my iphone crashes and fails to launch apps all the time
Old 12-30-2008, 04:47 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

bigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbigben is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Re: IDiamond Project - Read the fine print

I posted this as a separate thread but felt that it ought to be shown here as well.
-----
Just a bit of a warning.

The recently posted Idiamond project over at XDA is a real step forward in GUIs for the Diamond Pro

Here is the thread link: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...463018&page=37

BUT----

The current project is set to expire in January 09. Normally that isn't a problem. The problem is that the author wasn't going to tell us. A few of us found the time bomb and asked. D-Mannn finally answered the question and was rather cavalier in his response.

So be warned, if you try the software, you may well be setting there with the nasty warning showing on your screen and no program to remove. Also, uninstall can be tricky.

Fore warned is fore armed.
Old 12-30-2008, 05:29 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to bboyneko

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmorton10 View Post

~John
yeah after installing this everything runs way slower (photo flipping, album flipping) in touch flo 3d, i uninstalled but the problem persists. How can I restore my original 3d settings??
Old 12-30-2008, 05:46 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

bboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regularbboyneko is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via AIM to bboyneko

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Ok I'm seeing a lot of questions going unanswered.

First: The ati driver people speak of can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=357. It was used to get the hologram program up to a whopping, eye popping, face melting 25 FPS!
I installed this...at first everything seemed to hang..i tried to flip through photos and nothing worked..screen was stuck, i had soft reset beforehand also. I tried another soft reset, same thing. Then suddenly, magically..it worked. I could flip through even large resolution images very very fast. It definitely speeds up 3d performance.

Thanks!

(however, every time i softreset it gets all slow again for like a few minutes, then suddenly gets blazing fast..does this have to do with some other setting i missed?)

Last edited by bboyneko; 12-30-2008 at 07:14 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro