PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 09:50 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Samsung Moment, Evo 4G soon
Carrier: Sprint

dabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuffdabackwoodboy knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Iphone interface

i tried this for a couple of days and it was sweet but its still a lil buggy for me so ill just wait for future updates
Old 12-29-2008, 12:36 PM
BIGGZZ - VIP -
Pocket PC: Dell Streak
Carrier: AT&T

Biggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on repBiggzz is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Best UI i have ever used.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:50 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

AndyCR512 is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmv7777 View Post
if im not mistaken the iphone is sporting an 800 mhz processor. if the pro had this it would be just as responsive. but would probably catch fire.
It's actually only 620Mhz, barely faster, and it's underclocked to prevent overheating; as such, it's likely a bit slower than the Touch Pro's CPU. The iPhone UI is undoubtedly better, but I just had a friend with an iPhone drooling over the TP, using Skype over 3G in amazement, and commenting on the keyboard, so I'm not convinced of the iPhone's superiority in anything -but- UI. UI is of course a big thing, but if you laid a TP and an iPhone on a table and told me to choose one I would likely play with the iPhone for a few hours, then take the TP as the permanent phone. As for responsiveness, it's pretty darned good after installing the ati drivers and the sprint touch pro tweaks. Not as responsive as the iphone, but close enough that I don't much care.

Last edited by AndyCR512; 12-29-2008 at 12:58 PM.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:04 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCR512 View Post
It's actually only 620Mhz, barely faster, and it's underclocked to prevent overheating; as such, it's likely a bit slower than the Touch Pro's CPU. The iPhone UI is undoubtedly better, but I just had a friend with an iPhone drooling over the TP, using Skype over 3G in amazement, and commenting on the keyboard, so I'm not convinced of the iPhone's superiority in anything -but- UI. UI is of course a big thing, but if you laid a TP and an iPhone on a table and told me to choose one I would likely play with the iPhone for a few hours, then take the TP as the permanent phone. As for responsiveness, it's pretty darned good after installing the ati drivers and the sprint touch pro tweaks. Not as responsive as the iphone, but close enough that I don't much care.
i know exactly what you mean, I bought my brother an ipod touch for christmas. I played games with it for a few hours, surfed the web with wifi, tried to imagine it as a phone. I know exactly what you mean about taking the TP as a permanent solution. It feels like more of a tool. I definitely see where the mass appeal is with the ipod touch / iphone interface and apps though.

Old 12-29-2008, 01:28 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

shifty is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCR512 View Post
You mentioned installing the ati drivers. Doesnt the touch pro already have them? Ive looked all over the web and cannot find updated ati drivers for the touch pro. The htcclassaction.org/ xda developer drivers are meant for qvga. Which ones were you referring to?
Old 12-29-2008, 01:35 PM
N00b
Pocket PC: Moto Droid @ 1.1GHz
Carrier: VZW

raidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the communityraidzero is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via MSN to raidzero

I too am interested in knowing what was meant by ati drivers...
Old 12-29-2008, 02:20 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

steveholtam is keeping up the good worksteveholtam is keeping up the good work

With this iphone.cab, will I be able to try it on a stock Sprint rom? And if so, can I turn it on and off without messing with my current phone setup? Thanks.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:03 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Ok I'm seeing a lot of questions going unanswered.

First: The ati driver people speak of can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=357. It was used to get the hologram program up to a whopping, eye popping, face melting 25 FPS!

Now, about installation with this iphone app: It uses TF3D, so what this means is all the _manila files that make your touchflo3d work will be replaced when you install this program. People are saying when they uninstall, the manila files are restored, but the only way to truly make sure you can revert back to your origional theme is to create a backup folder on your storage card, navigate to \\Windows on your device, and use a program like total commander to COPY the files to the backup directory on your storage card. When you feel like you want to revert back, you can disable touchflo3d from your today settings, uninstall the iphone app, and COPY the backup files back into your \\windows folder. Then just re-enable touchflo3d within the today settings.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-29-2008, 03:13 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 4g

Beejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regularBeejis is becoming a PPCGeeks regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
Ok I'm seeing a lot of questions going unanswered.

First: The ati driver people speak of can be found here http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=357. It was used to get the hologram program up to a whopping, eye popping, face melting 25 FPS!

Now, about installation with this iphone app: It uses TF3D, so what this means is all the _manila files that make your touchflo3d work will be replaced when you install this program. People are saying when they uninstall, the manila files are restored, but the only way to truly make sure you can revert back to your origional theme is to create a backup folder on your storage card, navigate to \\Windows on your device, and use a program like total commander to COPY the files to the backup directory on your storage card. When you feel like you want to revert back, you can disable touchflo3d from your today settings, uninstall the iphone app, and COPY the backup files back into your \\windows folder. Then just re-enable touchflo3d within the today settings.
With the ati driver I just install and enjoy? Also, does this work for CDMA Touch Pros?
Old 12-29-2008, 03:18 PM
Just Havin Fun Pimpin!!!
Pocket PC: xv6800,xv6850(TP)xv6875(TP2),xv6900

jdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIPjdume is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Send a message via Yahoo to jdume

Quote:
Originally Posted by jptouch View Post
So I know a lot of people are probably going to hate me for saying this but I finally played with the Iphone and I have to say that I was amazed.=D> Now windows can do much more but what blew me away was how responsive it was. What really gets me is how much more advance it feels compared to my pro even when mine is newer. Now I work for Sprint and obviously am not going to get the Iphone, my question is, is there an app that makes our Pro as responsive and as fast when you open an application?
Did you try a custom rom? Sometimes by using one (depending on whos putting it out) they do alot of tweaks that make the phone faster and more responsive. I don't know much about the TP yet but maybe a NO2Cheme Rom might be worth looking into, not sure if it will work though because I don't know If he has TP that hes made a Rom for. I use one of his roms on my Touch and I could not be more happy.
WM6.5 Dialer
If you like my work or if I helped you and would like to buy me a cup of coffe click HERE

Last edited by jdume; 12-29-2008 at 03:31 PM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro