PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2008, 05:05 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro
Carrier: Bell

cruiser78 is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Skype working through earpiece

On Friday, I had a rom on my TP where the audio from Skype went through the earpiece like a normal phone call instead of going through the external speaker. The problem is, I can't remember which rom I was using and what I did to get it to work.
It's a toss up between between the eRice kitchen, Juicy's 4.5 Rom, or Merdin's v1 Rom. I've reloaded all 3 of them and it hasn't worked again. It was the first time I had tried Skype on my TP and I thought maybe Skype programmers had figured out how to route the audio so I figured it didn't matter which rom I was running.
Does anyone know how to get it working again or has anyone else even experienced this?
I'd say this proves that is possible to find a solution to get the audio to go to the earpiece like a normal call.

Just loading Merdin's v2 rom now and will update this if it works though the earpiece.
Old 12-28-2008, 11:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

DAMBRO24 is a n00b
Re: Skype working through earpiece

Im Intrested If You Can Figure Out How This Happened... Somtimes I Dream Of Things , But They Really Didnt Happen.....im Only Joking ,,,, I Hope You Find Out How This Happened...
Old 12-28-2008, 12:29 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: HTC Touch PRO + Palm PRE + Diamond
Carrier: Sprint

gearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuffgearjunkeez knows their stuff

If you use nimbuzz to handle your skype account, calls go through the earpiece. www.nimbuzz.com

They also have a really nifty web app that lets people buzz you or call you from your website or myspace.

[
Old 12-29-2008, 12:00 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Carrier: Bell
Threadstarter

cruiser78 is becoming a great contributor

Ok, now I'm not sure if I was hearing things. I'm kimda thinking that I was. I noticed that with the echo cancellation on and the system volume on with only 1 or 2 bars of volume it sounds like it's coming from the earpiece when I hold it like a normal phone. I'm thinking this is what must have happened although I was sure the system volume was right up when I had it happen the first time. Probably just chasing dreams though. The people I've called since yesterday using the method of having the system volume only up 1 or 2 notches all said it sounded fine and that there wasn't an echo... and it does sound like it's coming from the earpiece.
I'll have to check out nimbuzz. I thought I'd heard that the voice quality wasn't as good as using the skype client though. Maybe I'll have to try it for myself and be my own judge.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Palm Pre, Diamond, Vogue
Carrier: Bell Mobility

mixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on repmixxy is halfway to VIP status based on rep

hey guys, after installing and using this program u should be able to switch all audio to the earpiece, making skype work too. i know its not the solution, but its a workaround

ive attached the cab
Attached Files
File Type: zip troca2.zip (8.0 KB, 110 views) Click for barcode!

This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-29-2008, 12:55 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 12-30-2008, 03:38 PM
PPCGeeks Regular

asuh is just getting started

I'd be interested to make this work too. Although, my skype connection drops a lot while I'm in the car talking. But putting this in my bluetooth earpiece would be great!

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro