PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-04-2008, 11:29 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro/Samsung Omnia/Blackberry Storm

waraddar is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
HTC Theme - Verizon

First time poster - long time lurker.

I picked up the HTC TP this week to replace my broken i760.

The phone has been raped by Verizon and I can't find that seksi black theme that is advertised with the phone and on the HTC site.

At very least I would like to get rid of the maroon colored bottom bar and have it match the black-ish/grey-ish nerfed Verizon theme.

Anyone know where I can find a working version? Also, the device is pretty sluggish, I know there are a lot of great hacks for other carrier versions but I can't find very much information on the Verizon version.

Rom version 1.03.605.4
Rom Date 10/01/08

Thanks!

Last edited by waraddar; 12-04-2008 at 11:36 AM.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:48 AM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Thunderbolt
Carrier: Verizon

kyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on repkyle4269 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: HTC Theme - Verizon

Here you go, this is the black theme that I use
Attached Files
File Type: tsk Sprint.tsk (8.2 KB, 100 views) Click for barcode!

Last edited by kyle4269; 12-04-2008 at 11:53 AM.
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-04-2008, 11:57 AM
Big MVP Diesel
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO 2
Carrier: Sprint

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Send a message via AIM to BigDiesel07 Send a message via Skype™ to BigDiesel07

Quote:
Originally Posted by waraddar View Post
First time poster - long time lurker.

I picked up the HTC TP this week to replace my broken i760.

The phone has been raped by Verizon and I can't find that seksi black theme that is advertised with the phone and on the HTC site.

At very least I would like to get rid of the maroon colored bottom bar and have it match the black-ish/grey-ish nerfed Verizon theme.

Anyone know where I can find a working version? Also, the device is pretty sluggish, I know there are a lot of great hacks for other carrier versions but I can't find very much information on the Verizon version.

Rom version 1.03.605.4
Rom Date 10/01/08

Thanks!
I would check here for advice on how to change the bottom bar colors...

If you are so inclined, you may want to check [utl=http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=44293]this[/url] thread out to change the icons on top of the home screen (EV icon, Start Icon, Battery Icon, Volume Icon)..

To remove the ugly curtains on your phone so you can get more actual screen, check this out... Use either the top, bottom, or both..

I believe these will work on the Verizon Touch Pro also...

You may have to check back from time to time or search for Verizon performance hacks.. There is not much out there... Happy you decided to join PPC Geeks...
This post has been thanked 2 times.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:01 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Verizon HTC Touch Pro/Samsung Omnia/Blackberry Storm
Threadstarter

waraddar is a n00b

Awesome - thanks for the quick responses.

Glad to be here.
Old 12-04-2008, 12:02 PM
Big MVP Diesel

BigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation levelBigDiesel07 can't get a higher reputation level
Talking Re: HTC Theme - Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by waraddar View Post
Awesome - thanks for the quick responses.

Glad to be here.
Glad your here.. And your welcome... You know you can click too?
Old 12-08-2008, 07:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro2

ID10T is just getting started

I'm trying to help out my co-workers to get their Verizon Touch Pros to look similar to my Sprint Touch Pro...The "sprint.tsk" did get the bottom & top bars black...However they wan The touch flow to be black w/ black highlighted items...I see alot of info out, just not sure if they all apply to the verizon tp as well.
Old 12-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Big MVP Diesel

I would be cautious about using anything that is not labeled for Verizon.. However, I think you should be safe using advice that deals with Touch Flo.. For more information on customizing Touch Flo I would check this out..
Old 12-08-2008, 07:33 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro

sadmedic is a n00b

try this thread: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=405749
this will allow you to make changes to TF3D (apply themes, reorder tabs)

then this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=437420
this will allow you to change the look of TF3D (lower and upper curtains, clocks, sliders, etc)

I have tried to use the manila customizer to change the stock verizon TF3D theme but have not been able to....but if I change my theme using the TF3D config, i can change that theme. not sure whats up with that.
Old 12-27-2008, 05:46 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

deadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuffdeadwrong03 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to deadwrong03 Send a message via MSN to deadwrong03 Send a message via Yahoo to deadwrong03 Send a message via Skype™ to deadwrong03

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle4269 View Post
Here you go, this is the black theme that I use
wheree are u putting this file to get it to show i had it working at first but i had to do a hard reset. i currently have it saved on my memory card
Old 12-27-2008, 07:18 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Most TF3D mods work in both version of TouchPro. I have a Sprint TP that I flashed with the leaked Verizon ROM & activated it on my Verizon account.

That ROM gave me the butt-ugly gray/red Verizon version of TF3D which I hated.

Here is my setup now:

I used a modified Sprint theme & added the calendar & comm manager tabs.

~John

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro