PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 05:41 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Fuze
Carrier: AT&T

kdj67f is becoming a great contributor
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Talking Options for fixing verizonized sprint touch pro

Well, the usb port stopped working, meaning it wont charge or sync now. It looks like that common problem kinda with the titan where the charger cable pushed the pins out the back of the connector. I spent an hour with a tiny pick and little tools trying to push the pins back, but it still does not charge. I think the fine copper wire broke inside somewhere.

I also took the device to several sprint stores and they would not help at all.

It is looking like my options are:

1. Get a spare battery and battery dock/charger (done)
2. find somebody willing to help with a sprint account to get it replaced for me
3. Send it somewhere to be fixed third hand

Now if anyone can suggest specific repair shops, other options or is willing to help out with the sprint account deal, feel free to let me know here.

My device still works, at least it does when it has a charged battery. Just waiting for those ebay batteries and chargers to show up now. Man, it is difficult to go back to the Titan after using the touch pro!

Thanks.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:33 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep8notime is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Re: Options for fixing verizonized sprint touch pro

Just because you are not on the Sprint network, doesn't mean you shouldn't have a warranty still. Will HTC not do anything for you?
Old 12-27-2008, 01:50 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

The problem is, I bought it off ebay and the manufacturers warranty is explicitly stated for the original purchaser. And to get anyone to take it (from a sprint store) and send it back they want a sprint account. My verizon insurance does not cover it either. Time to cancel that now...

I have a buddy with a sprint account that said he will help me. And I have a few spare batteries and docks coming from ebay. I think I may still be eligible to buy some "insurance" from a third party off ebay too. Maybe I should investigate that.

I realize I posted this in the wrong forum too, feel free to move this.

Last edited by kdj67f; 12-27-2008 at 01:53 AM.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:02 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Verizon

helix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good workhelix139 is keeping up the good work

How long ago did you buy it? It's possible to get a Squaretrade warranty within a month or so of when you buy electronics from ebay
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-27-2008, 02:16 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by helix139 View Post
How long ago did you buy it? It's possible to get a Squaretrade warranty within a month or so of when you buy electronics from ebay
I was just reviewing some emails from ebay on buying the device. It was two weeks or so ago and it seems that is correct, as in I can still buy a warranty. Thanks for reminding me!
Old 12-27-2008, 02:19 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Hmmm...
Looks like squaretrade wants to only fix things after 60 days from purchase, anything within that period they would refute back to the seller. I think in this case, it is not the sellers fault as they provided me with a device that was fully functional. This whole thing could get in to the semantics of good sellers and buyers. I am going to be a good buyer and figure out a way to make my device work. I probably mis-handled my charger after a few drinks and pushed the pins out myself. I am going for the spare batteries and chargers route until I just can not take it any more and then I will pull a favor from my friend with sprint to get the device warrantied.
Old 12-29-2008, 01:03 PM
Coz-erator
Pocket PC: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 & other misc digital devices
Carrier: Sprint

CozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation levelCozBoogie can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to CozBoogie Send a message via Yahoo to CozBoogie

Moved to general Touch Pro Forum.

late,
Coz
Old 12-29-2008, 02:11 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Sorry for posting in the wrong forum, got confused on which tab I had open!

Emails have been sent to HTC USA, They actually have a website for this reason. They say all over the site to contact provider for all warranty repairs. But I sent an email or two off anyways. Now, I guess I just wait.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:13 PM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

You won't be able to have it sent in under someone's account... They scan your ESN barcode first. It'd show up as not their phone.
Old 12-29-2008, 02:19 PM
Very Important Person
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

ruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIPruskiyab is still contributing even after becoming a VIP

Sure you could, You'd have to have the person with the sprint account activate it on their account though and probably have it on there for a week or two

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro