PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 01:45 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: htc

ccspart2 is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Unhappy internet sharing program

is there a rom or a program i can use to use internet sharing? please link the program if u have it or the webpage
Old 12-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Timeless
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

TurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on repTurboFool is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to TurboFool Send a message via MSN to TurboFool Send a message via Yahoo to TurboFool
Re: internet sharing program

It's built right into the phone. It should be in your programs named "Internet Sharing." Or did you install a custom ROM that didn't include it?
Old 12-26-2008, 01:56 PM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=11146

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pro

sa619 is a n00b

I have a problem also. I did the registry edit. Followed the instructions... when I hit "connect", my computer beeps and in my Network Connections window, it disappears. I'm trying to test it out on my desktop PC.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:12 PM
War is the answer!

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community

thanks to BrettW from Sprintusers.com

Tethering - tested and works

1. Edit the following regestry entries. Hard part is finding a registry editor, but they are out there:
[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
Extension="" Delete the "isext.dll" entry

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing\settings]
ForceCellConnection="Sprint"

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Comm\InternetSharing]
MaxCMCon=0

2. Start the Internet Sharing application.
3. Hit Connect In the Internet Sharing application.
4. Connect the Diamond to the Laptop/PC via USB
5. Done. No other applications needs to run on the PC/Laptop.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:41 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Palm Pro

sa619 is a n00b

I've done this. I also downloaded the CAB. The CAB doesn't add the "MaxCMCon". I haven't tried this on a laptop...just my desktop.
Old 12-26-2008, 03:24 PM
War is the answer!

humm....well thats all that I know, it works for my Pro but maybe someone else will be able to help ya. Sorry!
Old 12-26-2008, 03:30 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: rooted DroidX/leaked 2.2
Carrier: Verizon

jmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the communityjmorton10 is a trusted member of the community

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccspart2 View Post
is there a rom or a program i can use to use internet sharing? please link the program if u have it or the webpage
Here is what I use:

CLICK HERE

~John
Old 12-26-2008, 04:09 PM
Bay Area Boss
Pocket PC: Nexus One
Carrier: T-Mobile

p-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributionsp-slim should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via Yahoo to p-slim

another ppcgeeks thread

http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=41992
Old 12-27-2008, 01:54 PM
War is the answer!

so many threads on this issue its not funny

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro