PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-26-2008, 10:25 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Evo 3D
Carrier: Sprint

tumtum101 is just getting started
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send cab files etc over Pocket MSN Messenger???

Does anyone know if there is a registry setting or hack of some sort to allow sending cab files over Pocket MSN Messenger. My friend just got a TP and I wanted to send him a volume fix cab. We were both signed into Messenger on our TPs and when trying to send the cab file it said:

"Your file wasn't sent because we detected a possible safety issue."

Does anyone know if there is a fix to be able to send these files or any good alternative programs to send files between devices? Thanks guys!
Old 12-26-2008, 10:31 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT
Re: Send cab files etc over Pocket MSN Messenger???

I do not believe msn messenge can handle that on the TP, I suggest you send it to your buddy via email, that works..
Old 12-26-2008, 10:40 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 MR OF

andrewdoc21 is just getting started

i was able to do this out of the box with my tp over live messenger
Old 12-26-2008, 10:42 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbenz2008 View Post
I do not believe msn messenge can handle that on the TP, I suggest you send it to your buddy via email, that works..
I know that's always an option, and I can do that in the mean time. I think it would be cool to easily send files to and from PPCs, without email.....the same way we send pictures and/or videos.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:42 AM
DaFlowMaster
Pocket PC: TP2 IPHONE 3GS 5.1.1
Carrier: GSM...

HBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributionsHBOOT should be added to the payroll for their contributions
Send a message via AIM to HBOOT

oh wonderful, I will give it a try. Andrew , at times hotmail if fussy about sending or receiving application, cabs or file of that nature coz I email stuff to my self at times when I dont wish to use active sync. I will do some looking and trying....did the built in messenger have that option?

Last edited by HBOOT; 12-26-2008 at 10:46 AM.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:48 AM
VIP PATROL
Pocket PC: EVO 4G/3D
Carrier: SPRINT

JAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on repJAVIERBOND007 is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via MSN to JAVIERBOND007 Send a message via Yahoo to JAVIERBOND007

You can try this too, me and my friends use this to transfer any kind of file, you have to upload it to the side from your pc though but he can download it from his ppc, explains how to do it here, http://forum.ppcgeeks.com/showthread.php?t=50219 ,check it out let me know if it works for you.

Last edited by JAVIERBOND007; 12-26-2008 at 10:51 AM.
Old 12-26-2008, 10:54 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Threadstarter

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewdoc21 View Post
i was able to do this out of the box with my tp over live messenger
Hmm. I'm using JD's 3.0 Rom and put on Windows Live 10.6.0034.0800 by Swtos (WindowsLive_WithIM_bySwtos.cab), from the Sprint cabs pack. Maybe the stock Windows Live Messenger works.
Old 12-26-2008, 12:48 PM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

i dont kno about msn messenger i dont have msn...but i do have aol and was able to send cab files to my buddy who has a pro thru the aol account i set up on my phone...so i dont see why u couldnt with msn...just go into ur device or storage card where u have the cab u wanna send...tap and hold it until u see the pop up window...hit send and it will bring up optins on how u wanna send it...
Old 12-26-2008, 12:52 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

I have used Live messenger to do this on my Pro as well. Normally I am close enough to use Bluetooth, but sometimes...you just need to remotley send something. I think one of the other IM programs does this as well....not sure if its Palringo or Fring or what one...but one of em does it also.

Also...you could setup an FTP server on your phone. Sounds stupid...but I've done it before...works well.

Lastly, you could use something like rapidshare to upload it from your phone. There are also site designed for cell phones that give you something like a "locker" space. When you upload something, it gives you a link to download or share it, just like rapidshare would.

Theres a lot of options out there that you could try using.

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 12-26-2008, 01:00 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: Alltel PPC 6800

swallman is becoming a great contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by tumtum101 View Post
Does anyone know if there is a registry setting or hack of some sort to allow sending cab files over Pocket MSN Messenger. My friend just got a TP and I wanted to send him a volume fix cab. We were both signed into Messenger on our TPs and when trying to send the cab file it said:

"Your file wasn't sent because we detected a possible safety issue."

Does anyone know if there is a fix to be able to send these files or any good alternative programs to send files between devices? Thanks guys!
The reason it's probably a "safety" issue is probably because a CAB file is considered an "executable" file. Is it possible to just rename the file extension (like from .CAB to .CXX or something like that) ? I have to do similar stuff when sending EXE files through our company's email.
This post has been thanked 1 times.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro