PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2008, 11:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Hero
Carrier: Sprint

yamus08 is keeping up the good workyamus08 is keeping up the good work
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Shocking!!!

I really can't believe that it has taken me this long to post this.

Anyways, I had heard not to use your phone while it was plugged into a charger and have even seen some pictures via email of some guys bed that caught on fire, but I always do it and never think anything of it.
So...I was getting out of my truck the other day and was taking my phone with me, as I always do. I had my fingers on one side of the PRO, where it slides open, and had my thumb on the other side, where it slides open.
I didn't realize that the it was still plugged in to my cigarette lighter, nor would I have really cared it I did. The moment my foot hit the ground.....ZZZZZAAAAPPPPP. I got hit several times with a good little jolt. Nothing big but enough to make me drop the phone and be like WTF??? Anyone ever had a similar experience? With any phone?

This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:37 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

dtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuffdtndvm knows their stuff
Re: Shocking!!!

Nothing like that and I use mine plugged in a lot. Were you on wet ground or in contact with the metal on your truck? Makes me wonder if there is a short in the truck's wiring and you somehow completed the circuit.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:43 PM
caddieguy02

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)

HAHAHAHA...sorry but i laughed soon as i read it...its hard for me to believe it had something to do with ur pro being plugged in...but, with the chrome on there i guess maybe its possible..i use my ALL the time while pugged in...while in bed, on the couch, in the car...never had any issues...and i have done this with every phone i ever had

to be sure it was it, maybe u should try it again...i know this sounds like im being funny or s jerk....but do it from another vehicle so u kno its the phone for sure and not what the guy above me said...u said it wasnt enough 2 hurt u...so id try it
Old 12-25-2008, 11:57 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: htc diamond
Carrier: vzw

creedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good workcreedin is keeping up the good work
Send a message via AIM to creedin Send a message via MSN to creedin

well if the battery didnt suck so bad we wouldn't deal with having to keep it pluggged in all the time
Old 12-26-2008, 12:27 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch WM6.5

acontrasto is keeping up the good workacontrasto is keeping up the good work
Send a message via Skype™ to acontrasto

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamus08 View Post
.....ZZZZZAAAAPPPPP. I got hit several times with a good little jolt. Nothing big but enough to make me drop the phone and be like WTF???...
LOL! Sorry for laughing at your expense, but that was entertaining. I'm wondering if it may be static electricity. If you said you were in your truck and then you stepped out, you could be releasing the static through your hand and through the phone into the truck instead of through the ground. You know how sometimes when you sit in your truck for a while and you get out and get a good ZAP when you touch the door to close it? maybe something like that?
Old 12-26-2008, 12:32 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

zsunsun is just getting started

Usually, (and safely) static electricity is the only thing possibly jump through the air. If it wasn't static electricity you must be sitting in ER and writing this.

Try this if anyone get bored at grocery store (most guys will hehe), find a cart with bent rear wheel and see if you can 'zap' people with static electricity once a while, if it doens't work... well worth a shot when bored right?
Old 12-26-2008, 02:08 AM
War is the answer!
Pocket PC: Samsung Note III, GS4 & Asus Transformer
Carrier: Sprint since 1995

WarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the communityWarChild is a trusted member of the community
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)

wow never had anything like that happen to me.

FORUM FAQ | FORUM RULES | NEW USER GUIDE |TIPS FOR SEARCHING | RULES FOR SALES ON SITE

Semper Fidelis (Always Faithful) is the motto of the Corps. That Marines have lived up to this motto is proved by the fact that there has never been a mutiny, or even the thought of one, among U.S. Marines.
Old 12-26-2008, 02:16 AM
Retired Moderator
Pocket PC: NULL
Carrier: NULL

[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level[sammich] can't get a higher reputation level

That would be quite shocking! I guess you weren't quite grounded while in the car!
Old 12-26-2008, 02:45 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: PRO& BACK UP DIAMOND!!!!
Carrier: SPRINT SPEEEED

lcbster is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via Yahoo to lcbster

I got shocked by my mogul after long calls

Old 12-26-2008, 02:49 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch
Carrier: "PPCGeeks....I just use Sprint for calls"

chicubs3794 is keeping up the good workchicubs3794 is keeping up the good work

well....a mogul is a mogul and it will do weird things.
tp...thats different.
i think its the static electricty too.
check the bottom of your car bro.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro