PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2008, 11:35 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Touch Pro (off that) ---> (on to) Touch Pro 2
Carrier: The Now Network

RockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuffRockSta® knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Send a message via AIM to RockSta®
Touch Pro and three way calling!!!!

So maybe im just a total retard or something, but how the hell do i do a three way call..............seriously!!!!!
Old 12-26-2008, 12:30 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint

dave01978 is keeping up the good workdave01978 is keeping up the good work
Re: Touch Pro and three way calling!!!!

place first call
Press talk to put caller on hold,
Dial second number
when connected to second party press talk to be connected to both

See page 136 of the manual.

Feel free to hit thanks.

This post has been thanked 9 times.
Old 12-26-2008, 01:46 AM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

The only thing I hate about 3 Way calling is if I'm on a call, I go to make a second call and the person does not pick up. If I hit talk to go back to the other party, it conferences the voice mail/greeting into the call. I wish we had the ability to hang up the 2nd call and go back to the original call. I had to do this the other day when trying to conference my boss in on a call with a vendor and I had to pretty much hang up on everyone so I didn't conference his voicemail in.

Old 12-26-2008, 02:01 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by MadlyAlive View Post
The only thing I hate about 3 Way calling is if I'm on a call, I go to make a second call and the person does not pick up. If I hit talk to go back to the other party, it conferences the voice mail/greeting into the call. I wish we had the ability to hang up the 2nd call and go back to the original call. I had to do this the other day when trying to conference my boss in on a call with a vendor and I had to pretty much hang up on everyone so I didn't conference his voicemail in.
Yes, this would be cool.

Also, another thing I noticed about Windows Mobile 3-way calling is once you make the 2nd call, the caller id disappears and just says "In Call". It would be great if it would show both callers.
Old 12-27-2008, 06:30 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave01978 View Post
place first call
Press talk to put caller on hold,
Dial second number
when connected to second party press talk to be connected to both

See page 136 of the manual.

Feel free to hit thanks.
Is there any way to have buttons created on the Phone menu to make this easier? i.e. a "flash" button to toggle between callers or prepare the second call. Maybe put it next to the "End Call" button in green.

Also, some way of showing who your talking to besides the caller id saying "in call".

One more suggestion is to have some way of disconnecting just one call and switch to the other as MadlyAlive pointed out.

This would make for a better phone function. After all, this is still a phone, right?
Old 12-27-2008, 07:23 AM
i don't miss blackberry
Pocket PC: Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Sprint PCS

ou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuffou2mame knows their stuff

it took me a while to get a hang of the 3 way calling... i wish there was a *much* better interface that actually had buttons and whatnot on the screen. what's the point of having a touchscreen if simple buttons like this aren't made available.
Old 12-27-2008, 07:56 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ou2mame View Post
it took me a while to get a hang of the 3 way calling... i wish there was a *much* better interface that actually had buttons and whatnot on the screen. what's the point of having a touchscreen if simple buttons like this aren't made available.
True. As editable and customizable as this phone is, I'm sure someone can create something to fulfill our requests.
Old 12-27-2008, 12:33 PM
The GrooGrux King
Pocket PC: HTC Evo

MadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on repMadlyAlive is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Send a message via AIM to MadlyAlive

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteBlazer01 View Post
Yes, this would be cool.
Yeah...it just sucks because I know it can be done. My boss has the Nokia E90 and my Chairman has the Nokia 9600i (both Personal Communicators). I can conference up to 5 parties on their phones (network pending availability of course) and drop specific parties on the fly.
Old 12-27-2008, 01:08 PM
Halfway to VIP Status

dkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good workdkincaid is keeping up the good work

I'd be happy just having a flash button and the ability to easily get back to the original caller! This really seems like something that HTC really should have thought of.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro