PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2008, 06:00 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Low quality caller ID picture?

On TouchFlo 3D, the caller ID pictures in the Favorites tab are very low quality. I have a 640x480 image set to one person, and the picture looks so bad. How do I fix it?
Old 12-25-2008, 06:24 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: mogul, 700w, touch pro, HTC Hero
Carrier: sprint

bigjerm1985 is a n00b
Send a message via AIM to bigjerm1985 Send a message via MSN to bigjerm1985 Send a message via Yahoo to bigjerm1985
Re: Low quality caller ID picture?

no matter the resolution i think that those pics become thumbnails... if u have the pic caller id set to full screen it does make the caller id pic look horrible i have the same problem i dont know of a way to fix it
Old 12-25-2008, 06:52 AM
acs tester
Pocket PC: diamond/tp1/tp2/MoFo/touch 4g
Carrier: ppcgeeks/sprint

darren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation leveldarren.wlsn1 can't get a higher reputation level
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via MSN to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Yahoo to darren.wlsn1 Send a message via Skype™ to darren.wlsn1

use s2u2. caller id looks killer. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=412418 check out s2v also for viewing pics. use it to set wallpaper on today and s2u2.

Last edited by darren.wlsn1; 12-25-2008 at 06:55 AM.
Old 12-25-2008, 09:28 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: 16GB iPhone 4
Carrier: AT&T

DaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuffDaPeeps knows their stuff
Send a message via MSN to DaPeeps Send a message via Yahoo to DaPeeps Send a message via Skype™ to DaPeeps

I think I have read somewhere that that happens if you assign the contact picture through Windows Mobile contact list. If you assign it through TF3D, they are much better quality. I'm not sure if it was adding the pic as a contact via the people tab, or the pictures tab (album).

If I or someone else helps you out, don't just say thanks, click!
Old 12-25-2008, 09:29 AM
The Hibster
Pocket PC: 3DDD :p
Carrier: Sprint 4g

hibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the communityhibby50 is a trusted member of the community
Send a message via AIM to hibby50 Send a message via MSN to hibby50

You have to resize them i think... search

Old 12-25-2008, 10:04 AM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Samsung Moment
Carrier: Sprint

blazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuffblazinazn knows their stuff
Send a message via AIM to blazinazn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaPeeps View Post
I think I have read somewhere that that happens if you assign the contact picture through Windows Mobile contact list. If you assign it through TF3D, they are much better quality. I'm not sure if it was adding the pic as a contact via the people tab, or the pictures tab (album).
To make the picture clearer, go to the peoples tab in TF3D > Menu > Change Picture.

If you do that, your pictures won't be blurry anymore.
This post has been thanked 3 times.
Old 12-25-2008, 10:05 AM
Almost a VIP
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 & Diamond

SporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuffSporkLover knows their stuff

When you set the picture contact, do it in the TF3d interface rather than the contacts UI.

When done within the TF3d interface it will set a clear picture.

If I had my phone in front of me I would be able to tell you exactly how to do it.
Phones: Motorola MicroTAC 650E, Qualcomm/Kyocera QCP 860, Sanyo SCP-4700, Sanyo SCP-4900, Samsung A500, Sanyo MM-7400, Sanyo MM-7500, Samsung APH A900M, LG Fusic, LG Musiq, HTC Apache, Palm Centro, Samsung Rant, HTC Mogul, HTC Diamond, HTC Touch Pro, HTC Touch Pro 2. Samsung Moment, HTC Evo 4G
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-25-2008, 11:11 AM
AWESOME VIP Member!!
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2 - SIM & HSPL unlocked
Carrier: Verizon
Threadstarter

WhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuffWhiteBlazer01 knows their stuff

Thanks guys, I'm trying to do this now, however, I think I need to un-assign the current caller id picture before I can set a new one (unless there is a way to re-assign an image)

EDIT: Lol, Just go to the My Favorites tab in TouchFlo 3D, and click on Menu. Then click on "Change Picture" haha, so easy, it's stupid! and my pictures are now clear and VGA worthy!

Last edited by WhiteBlazer01; 12-25-2008 at 11:14 AM.
Old 12-25-2008, 04:31 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Sprint Touch Pro

inmnbob is just getting started

I store all my photos in outlook as a picture. Those too come across in low res on the TFlow screen. Since the pics don't exist in a file (other than outlook) how can I improve the resolution?

Thanks in advance,

Bob
Old 12-25-2008, 04:36 PM
Almost a VIP

SprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuffSprintTouch08 knows their stuff

yeh i had the same issue trying to resize and what not

its much easier through HTC album. use a real full size picture and hit menu and assign to contact and it will auto resize it and produce a clear image.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro