PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro
Register Community Search

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2009, 06:36 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

mmahal is a n00b
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Re: Touch Pro: Won't charge while tethering

There is got to be a fix, someone suggested earlier on this thread that the Telsus ROM keeps on charging the phone fast enough even while tethering. I'm using the stock sprint ROM. Anyone have any idea to make the phone charge fast enough? If you can point me the right direction I'm even ready to tweak/code if needed. Let me know.
Old 03-11-2009, 01:49 AM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro

DarrenUtd is a n00b

Is the circle at the bottom of the phone lighting up periodically (pulsing) when you have it plugged it? If it does for a while but then stops, it is probably overheating. If it doesn't right from the start, then something else is wrong with your USB connection.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:36 AM
Banned User
Pocket PC: TOUCH PRO
Carrier: SPRINT

jdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuffjdignazio knows their stuff

True, if the circular light isnt lighting up wheni ts plugged in, if its not the activesync charge setting, maybe just a bad cable?
Old 03-11-2009, 03:16 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro (xv6850)
Carrier: Verizon

SilvOreo is a n00b

I have the same problem. Charge increase from USB while running ICS does not keep up with battery drain of the data connection. I usually have the phone closed and lying on it's back when tethered. but the dial light pulsing continues throughout the entire connection. I'll try the opened and propped arrangement and see if that helps. Otherwise, add me to the list of folks who want to see a faster charging option while USB connected. Is No2Chem's fast-charge available as a separate .cab? I don't think I want to jump to a new ROM just for this.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:55 PM
Lurker
Pocket PC: TP

mehan is a n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvOreo View Post
Is No2Chem's fast-charge available as a separate .cab? I don't think I want to jump to a new ROM just for this.
x2345
Old 03-11-2009, 06:11 PM
Halfway to VIP Status
Pocket PC: Mogul and Touch Pro

crazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regularcrazychef is becoming a PPCGeeks regular
Send a message via MSN to crazychef Send a message via Skype™ to crazychef

half of you are talking about ics tether, OP must of been using wmwifirouter or pdanet because he even said he was using it as a "wifirouter", not the case if using ICS...

its not gonna work on ICS, finding a way to disable the overheating limit is about the worst option u would want, especially when ur battery explodes on ya lol..

you could pay for ICS, then u can ask ur carrier for a solution.. otherwise pay for wmwifi which runs seemlessly on TP..

do u sense a pattern here? try paying for ur stolen services and thatll open up several more opinions for trouble shooting the issue
"Lose?..I Dont Lose!.....I Win.....I Win.....Im a Lawyer, Thats My Job and Thats What I Do" -Keanu Reeves "Devils Advocate"
Old 03-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2
Carrier: Sprint SERO

kilmarac is becoming a great contributor

I had the same problem with my mogul. My solution was to set it on top of an ice pack covered with something to keep the moisture away. Keeps it cool and charging fast.
Old 03-13-2009, 10:15 PM
WP Heavy Rot Sloth
Pocket PC: Mogul, Touch Pro 1&2, Evo, PhotonQ

shaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIPshaggylive is still contributing even after becoming a VIP
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilvOreo View Post
Is No2Chem's fast-charge available as a separate .cab? I don't think I want to jump to a new ROM just for this.
yes there is for diamond/tp in the Donator CP. fyi, not all usb ports will output more than ~450 mah, but most newer ones will.
Old 05-13-2009, 08:38 AM
Lurker

koganinja is a n00b

Hey guys I had this exact same problem tethering through both ICS and PDANet and it seems that if you turn off your screen with the power button it will charge. If you turn the screen off and wait a few minutes and then turn it back on you will see that its charging, but then after a few seconds it will go back to not charging cause the screen is turned back on. Hope this helps.
Old 05-13-2009, 10:10 AM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Mogul 6800 HTC Touch Pro

RaydogPR is becoming a great contributor
Send a message via MSN to RaydogPR

I had this issue and I hated having to open the keyboard and take the cover of to let out the heat and still sometimes It would kill the battery. I can now say that to my amazement when I flashed to the Cooper 6.5 and now the Mighty 6.5 rom this issue along with others it totally gone. Last night I had my battery indicating "very low battery" and I plugged in the phone for modem use without taking of the cover or even opening up the keyboard and I navigated like 4 hours without a problem and when finished up my battery was fully charged, something I could not do before. I must say that the TP is not the problem but for me the Stock Sprint Problem was. So flash to a diferent rom of your choice and you will see the diference right away.

Last edited by RaydogPR; 05-13-2009 at 10:27 AM.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro