PPCGeeks Forums HTC Arrive HTC HD2 HTC Thunderbolt HTC Touch Pro 2 HTC Evo 4G HTC Evo 3D Samsung Galaxy S II Motorola Droid X Apple iPhone Blackberry
Go Back   PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro

Notices

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-22-2008, 11:59 AM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: Most new phones from these carriers except BBs (don't like RIM).
Carrier: Sprint, ATT, Verizon AND T-Mobile. Yes, you read right.

snovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on repsnovvman is halfway to VIP status based on rep
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
[Was] TP no longer backordered! In stock now... [Now] Out of stock again :(

Just ordered another one online from Sprint.com. Get yours (or exchange) if you have been waiting!

I'm hoping that the new one will have newer hardware versions and minor tweaks (fit, keyboard slide, etc.).

Cheers.

Last edited by snovvman; 12-23-2008 at 12:19 AM.
This post has been thanked 1 times.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:06 PM
i like turtles
Pocket PC: Fascinate (Galaxy S)
Carrier: Verizon

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP
Re: TP no longer backordered! In stock now...

Let us know about the build quality when it comes in.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:07 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro
Carrier: Sprint

rihavens is a n00b

I got mine a month ago and its just fine. I am certian they have worked out most of the hardware bugs.
HTC Touch Diamond (Sprint)
HTC Touch (Sprint)
Samsung A900 (Sprint)
Motorola V710 (Verizon)
LG VX7000 (Verizon)
Samsung A670 (Verizon)
LG VX 6000
Kyocera KE413
Motorola T720
Kyocerya 2235
Kyocera 2335
Audiovox 9500
Kyocera 2135
Kyocera 2035
Motorola 2950 Bag phone
Old 12-22-2008, 12:18 PM
PPCGeeks Regular
Pocket PC: Touch Pro 2 (stock)
Carrier: Sprint 0

platin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good workplatin465 is keeping up the good work

I was just about to post that they're available again, but you beat me to it. Please do let us know if there's anything different there. Thanks!
Old 12-22-2008, 12:28 PM
Regular 'Geeker
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro 2

thesfactor is keeping up the good workthesfactor is keeping up the good work

Can someone please let us know if the new TP's have the same charging heating issues that the old ones did? I'd like to know if it's worth exchanging mine or not...
Old 12-22-2008, 12:33 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: P100EWW

ScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuffScrapMaker knows their stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesfactor View Post
Can someone please let us know if the new TP's have the same charging heating issues that the old ones did? I'd like to know if it's worth exchanging mine or not...
Ditto, try making a 2-hour phone call, starting at 100% battery, and see what your battery ends up at, even while on the charger. For my hardware revisions, it would drop to 80% during the first hour, and to 20-50% during the second hour.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:45 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

I have a hard time making a 30 min phone call...geesh. As for the heat, that's not going to go away. I'll eat my dirty socks if this issue ever completely goes away for the Diamond or the Touch Pro.

Old 12-22-2008, 12:47 PM
i like turtles

chronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIPchronster is a VIP

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapMaker View Post
Ditto, try making a 2-hour phone call, starting at 100% battery, and see what your battery ends up at, even while on the charger. For my hardware revisions, it would drop to 80% during the first hour, and to 20-50% during the second hour.
I know this sounds silly, but have you tried sliding the keyboard out on long phone calls? Part of the problem is batteries drain faster when they are warm, and the radio gets warm and heats the battery up. With the keyboard out, there's more surface area to be cooled. I did this when using my phone as a modem, and it significantly reduced the temperature. I had compared it to the first time I used the phone as a modem.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:49 PM
VIP Member
Pocket PC: HTC Touch Pro, Palm Pre

aceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on repaceracer24 is halfway to VIP status based on rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronster View Post
I know this sounds silly, but have you tried sliding the keyboard out on long phone calls? Part of the problem is batteries drain faster when they are warm, and the radio gets warm and heats the battery up. With the keyboard out, there's more surface area to be cooled. I did this when using my phone as a modem, and it significantly reduced the temperature. I had compared it to the first time I used the phone as a modem.
That would be very uncomfortable trying to talk on the phone with the keyboard out. Its fixing a problem by introducing a new one...kinda dumb if you ask me.
Old 12-22-2008, 12:50 PM
i like turtles

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceracer24 View Post
That would be very uncomfortable trying to talk on the phone with the keyboard out. Its fixing a problem by introducing a new one...kinda dumb if you ask me.
try it. Hold the phone up to your ear with the kb out. Not uncomfortable at all actually.

PPCGeeks > Windows Mobile > WM HTC Devices > HTC Touch Pro